• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Firmware update latest

It doesn't matter where you bought your phone or what sim card you are using or what location you are using it in. What does matter is the CSC code, (Consumer Software Customisation code). To find your CSC code... go to the dial pad and type in...

*#1234#

You will then get a screen showing, "Version", with 3 lines of information.

The last line, CSC, is specific to geographical region and carriers. It contains the software packages specific to that region, languages, carrier branding. if any, and also APN settings for data connection, MMS etc for your service provider.

Typically, CPW in the past, although having their own CSC code, have relied on and linked their firmware to the UK, unbranded, firmware release.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the clarification, my CSC is I9505OXXAMDB, any news on when the rollout will hit ?

As I thought, you are on the UK unbranded firmware and MDM, that you are on, is currently the latest for the UK. Only Samsung can tell you when that may be updated but they are pushing out the updates for Android 4.2.2 at a high rate of knots so, hopefully, fairly soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones