1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

firmware update (uk)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alanbathurst, Aug 9, 2012.

1. alanbathurst

alanbathurst Newbie

Just received via keis PDA:LG8/PHONE:LH1/CSC:LG8(BTU)

Any idea what improvements of effects this has please

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DaddyCee

DaddyCee Android Enthusiast

yep just had this update on unbranded Vodafone baseband version is now i9300XXLH1 on android version 4.0.4

3. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader Android Enthusiast

I've had 4.0.4 10 days ago. Bought my phone from a store in Dubai

4. DaddyCee

need to check your baseband version as well.

5. andy-roid

andy-roid Android Enthusiast

Just got this through kies

6. ebonybranch

ebonybranch Member

Got it OTA this morning. Only difference I've noticed so far is that the stock browser replaced Dolphin as my default, and i had to fiddle around a bit to change it back.

7. Frank Lampard

Frank Lampard Newbie

I also got mine OTA this morning. Two changes I have noticed whilst playing with the phone since
    1. Brightness is now adjustable in the drop down notifications menu
    2. You are now able to mute or switch the phone to vibrate with a long press of the power button, the options are at the bottom of the screen that opens.

I am using a factory unlocked SIII supplied by Vodafone.

Both of these may be very simple changes, but I find them very useful.

8. DaddyCee

sure that those changes were in a previous build. Not found anything new in this current update though being only 1.7MB, don't suppose too much has changed. Probably just a stability fix.

9. BynoUK

BynoUK Android Enthusiast

Just downloaded it after checking here, any info on what it's supposed to add/fix/patch/remove?

At work & most sites are blocked otherwise I'd check.

I already had the settings button & vibrate/mute button in the drop down notification screen, my update was also approx 26mb.

10. Frank Lampard

Frank Lampard Newbie

Looks like we have all received slightly different updates, mine was 96mb. This is also the only update I have received since I got the phone. I guess I have had it about 8 weeks.
    Have to say, being an IPhone convert, I am loving Android and the things you can do with it. Still have plenty to learn.

11. brunocali

brunocali Newbie

CDPlant likes this.
  12. DonaldGreig

DonaldGreig Well-Known Member

I have the 96mb update too and my phone is now dropping calls like nothing else and refusing to connect again. Grrrr.

13. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Skeptical.... the issue isn't baseband

14. DonaldGreig

DonaldGreig Well-Known Member

All I know is that it was fine before the update. Might be coincidence but there it is.

15. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Android Expert

Just downloaded the firmware and flashed. I'll push the superuser binary and then see what's changed and this version.

16. SUroot

Sorry, not comenting on your post. The one before you. The update they are mentioning is 1MB. Yours must be something else at 96MB. Perhaps you could clarify your build number?

17. SUroot

Ah its a baseband to fix another drain issue in LG8 that I didnt klnow I had, although explains 2 days worth of bad battery that I had.... Not teh Cell STANDBY issue, which is what I thought it ws refering to.

OK goodo.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews