• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Firmware update using odin

MODEL : SAMSUNG GT-I9003
PROBLEM : ODIN IS STUCK WITH BELOW MESSAGES :

<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9003DXKP9_I9003OLBKP7_I9003DXKP7_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

WHEN I TRY TO RUN CR-ROOT UPDATER IT GETS STUCK WITH THIS MESSAGE:

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection.
<ID:0/005> Can't open the serial(COM) port.

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Based on your model number, you appear to have a Galaxy SL. Therefore I have moved your thread to the Galaxy SL root forum and deleted all the duplicates.

As for the error you are receiving about not opening serial(COM) port, that means ODIN can't find your device or communicate with it properly. I recommend trying a different USB port on your computer, try all you can. If that doesn't work, try using a different cable in each of the ports. If that doesn't work, you probably have a driver issue. Try reinstalling the Samsung drivers that you can obtain on their website.

Upvote 0
Based on your model number, you appear to have a Galaxy SL. Therefore I have moved your thread to the Galaxy SL root forum and deleted all the duplicates.

As for the error you are receiving about not opening serial(COM) port, that means ODIN can't find your device or communicate with it properly. I recommend trying a different USB port on your computer, try all you can. If that doesn't work, try using a different cable in each of the ports. If that doesn't work, you probably have a driver issue. Try reinstalling the Samsung drivers that you can obtain on their website.
thanks for rendering help.
after reinstalling drivers and using a different cable and port , i get a different error.

<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007>
<ID:0/007> There is no PIT partition.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones