• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Firmware updating again

paskavaan

Lurker
Jun 17, 2011
This is again question how to firmware updating:

USB Settings - Samsung Kies

Firmware version 2.1-update1

PDA XWJM2
PHO XXJM1
CSC NEEJM1

Kies version is 2.0.0.11044_11 and OS XP

When I try to connect Phone to Kies has it text

Connected devices: Connecting and scrolling ..... Nothing happen, not connect.

I ask Samsung service what to do:
- they say that I have to try to this connect using PC without proxy or firewall and virus protection. So I try not help!

Has I any possible that I send phone to service:thinking:(warranty left), but weeks without phone. And when firmware again update I have to send to service. This is (in my opinion) stupid.

I had the same problem, and tried all the ways and means offered as solutions to get it to connect such as, removing Kies and the drivers then doing a registry clean. Re-installing everything back on. Nothing worked. So, I discovered by accident that the rooting method I applied ( FuguRoot ) was the cause of the problem. I couldn't find any instructions on how to remove the root so I just flashed my phone with the latest Gingerbread using Odin and now it connects fine every time. The root I'm using now is CFRoot which works perfectly on Gingerbread.

Ray

Upvote 0
Hi!

Kies is in my opinion latest. In Kies I check in "check for updates" It is not reason for my problem.

I read some instructions from

FuguRoot MOD – Root any Stock Galaxy S ROM easily | TheAndroidSoul

and

Android CF-Root Kernel for Galaxy S I9000 | xda-developersAndroid CF-Root Kernel for Galaxy S I9000 | xda-developers

But how safely it is? So if I firmware 2.1-update1, what is newest version and where I find correct firmware. Has country or region own updates?

By using Odin it seems simply but something say that don't it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones