• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Firmware upgrade stole my wallpapers

shaunydub

Aug 23, 2009
Bournemouth, England
Was changing some of the settings and messing around with wallpapers after the firmware upgrade and have noticed that some of the wallpapers built into the phone have gone...the one I noticed was the sky scraper window one but looks like a couple of others went too as there are only four now and i am sure there were a few more in the Wallpaper Gallery this morning.

Anyone else lose some of the built in wallpapers after the firmware update?

here we go...

attachment.php

Reactions: vwgolfman
Upvote 0
Hi All,

I have recently upgraded my S2 and also noticed that some of the wallpapers have disappeared. the stange thing is, I have the star field picture as my Lock screen and the black carbon look picture as my main wallpaper, both have disappeared from the wallpaper list (only got 4 now), however my s2 still shows them. So Im thinking they must be somewhere in the devce to be able to show them.

Any ideas where???

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I have recently upgraded my S2 and also noticed that some of the wallpapers have disappeared. the stange thing is, I have the star field picture as my Lock screen and the black carbon look picture as my main wallpaper, both have disappeared from the wallpaper list (only got 4 now), however my s2 still shows them. So Im thinking they must be somewhere in the devce to be able to show them.

Any ideas where???

If you like those wallpapers don't change them because once you do they will be gone.

I don't know the location where items in "Wallpaper Gallery" are saved - does anyone have an idea?

I add pictures to normal gallery at the moment and would like to put them in wallpaper gallery.

Reactions: Mutant04
Upvote 0
Not impressed that as you have stated above Shauny It limits me changing my wallpapers, however I have saved the Starfield wallpaper as posted in this very thread, I have also found the carbon wallpaper by doing a google search. So I could switch back to the wallpapers I have if I so wish.
However that's not the point, I don't understand why wallpapers would disappear to start with???

I have noticed that a couple more undates have come out (seems the updates for the S2 are coming like buses at the moment), so maybe the missing wallpapers will return.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones