• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Firmware version help

Dzr

Lurker
Oct 26, 2017
I rooted my Note 4 with CF and SuperSU but had problems and so unrooted back again.

My phone is still acting weird and so I thought it best to flash stock firmware but that's where I'm stuck... or rather stuck to know which firmware.

The firmware showing on my phone shows a version that connects to a different network (EE) than I got my phone through (o2). I was wondering if the phone rooting changed the firmware version and didn't return it to quite the same original or if for some reason the firmware version being reported is correct. (I wish I'd made note of it before starting this process).

Thanks for any advice

I rooted my Note 4 with CF and SuperSU but had problems and so unrooted back again.

My phone is still acting weird and so I thought it best to flash stock firmware but that's where I'm stuck... or rather stuck to know which firmware.

The firmware showing on my phone shows a version that connects to a different network (EE) than I got my phone through (o2). I was wondering if the phone rooting changed the firmware version and didn't return it to quite the same original or if for some reason the firmware version being reported is correct. (I wish I'd made note of it before starting this process).

Thanks for any advice

It sounds as if you have multiple firmware's on the device including its device stock firmware that was embedded by the device manufacturer. But it's always good to check these things first before rooting your devicedue to firmware that may have installed by previous owners. So I would go back into the devices bootloader and see what's all in there. You find the firmware that you previously had before you rooted the device. Most of them should have time and dates with them depending on your device.

https://www.addictivetips.com/mobil...-bootloader-on-android-phones-complete-guide/

Upvote 0
Thanks here's the firmware, etc screenshots.

Attachments

• 2017-10-26 12.15.03.png
    2017-10-26 12.15.03.png
    370 KB · Views: 96
  • 2017-10-26 12.14.58.png
    2017-10-26 12.14.58.png
    439.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 2017-10-26 12.12.24.png
    2017-10-26 12.12.24.png
    370.5 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones