• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First Android, ATRIX or GS2?

I bought a gs2 and compared to the atrix for a while and the gs2 is a much better experience, Samsung did a very nice job with touchwiz, which I thought was horrible back when I had the Captivate. The Camera is amazing and overall the phone seems much smoother with scrolling etc. I think Atrix had slightly faster browser speeds though.

Upvote 0
I bought a gs2 and compared to the atrix for a while and the gs2 is a much better experience, Samsung did a very nice job with touchwiz, which I thought was horrible back when I had the Captivate. The Camera is amazing and overall the phone seems much smoother with scrolling etc. I think Atrix had slightly faster browser speeds though.

I had 3 ATRIX 2's and finally got the GSII. My ATRIX 2's kept deleting apps every time I restarted the phone. It drove me nuts! I use Go SMS Pro for my texting app and that was one of the apps the phone deleted the most. Every time the phone deleted the app, I lost all of my texts. The phone even deleted Zumocast which is an app that comes pre-installed on the phone.

There is a software glitch in the ATRIX 2 that will make the SD card that is installed unable to be reformatted or uninstalled. In order to take the card out of the phone you will have to turn the phone off. In order to use the card in the phone, you will have to set the phone back to factory default settings and also check the format the SD card option when setting the phone back to default settings.

The GSII is an amazing phone!

acp,
I just found a setting to check in the GSII to enable 3G. Since I've checked this option, the speed has been amazing. Before checking this, I was ready to take the phone back because the phone was so slow. HSPA+ is just enhanced 3G; HSPA+ is not really true 4G (LTE).
My .02
tl

Upvote 0
I moved from an iPhone 3G to the Atrix 4G. The Atrix is incredible!!! Very fast and I'm blown away with how many apps are now in the Android Market. I did a contract extension with AT&T so I got the phone for $99. I highly recommend the Atrix. WRST the updates comment - all of the apps I've downloaded require you to check a box if you want to allow automatic updates. I've toggled on for all and have had no problems. If the auto updates occur too frequently, uninstall, re-install and don't check auto-update.

I have to personally agree with you though I came from a jailbroken iPhone 4 and would take the matrix anyday

Upvote 0
I will add that the eco system for the Atrix 4G surpasses any cell phone out there right now. (If your into that kinda stuff.) I have the Lapdock and Standard dock and love them both. I really love being able to use my phone as a netbook/laptop. Also, adds to the battery life when using the lapdock, even for just an hour or so. (Keeps the phone fully charged.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones