• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help First Android phone, help! Can't get internet connection

LoveIndia

Lurker
Apr 22, 2011
So I just got my G2x and for some reason I'm not getting an internet connection. I have T Mobile (obv) but I go off AT&T towers because of my location. I doubt I have 4g here but I should get at least 3g but for some reason its not showing any type of internet connection. Is it something with my settings? Please help!

Also - there is an alert that says "you have lost data connectivity because..." then I can't read the rest and when I click it, I just go back to the home screen. Whats that all about?

Go to: >Settings >Wireless and network settings >Mobile Networks

..and make sure Data enabled and Data roaming are checked. However if you are roaming on AT&T, you will not get "3G" as the G2x does not have 3G radios for AT&T. At best, you will get "Edge/2G" speeds. This from someone who got their phone unlocked and has AT&T account, and their T-Mobile branded Motorola Defy working on AT&T's 3G.

Upvote 0
I'm having a problem with wifi as well. It's connecting, but it won't load anything. Browser won't load, market won't load etc. I've tried disconnecting/reconnecting, rebooting etc.
It worked for a while when I first got the phone and now it doesn't work at all.

Edit: This may help. I'm going to try it and see what happens.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1046854

Edit 2: I believe this has solved my problem.

Edit 3: Nope. Stopped working again.

Edit 4: Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1046991

Upvote 0
hy i have an htc wildfire and yesterday i went to the internet to look how to speed p my phone they sad ineeded to set my plug-in to on demand since i did that i can't go on the internet anymore please help me i'm so desperred i searchd my hole phone and i didn't find a clou if sombody coud help me i will thank him so much
P.S: srry for the bad english:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones