1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support First Android phone, help! Can't get internet connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LoveIndia, Apr 22, 2011.

1. LoveIndia

LoveIndia New Member

Apr 22, 2011
    So I just got my G2x and for some reason I'm not getting an internet connection. I have T Mobile (obv) but I go off AT&T towers because of my location. I doubt I have 4g here but I should get at least 3g but for some reason its not showing any type of internet connection. Is it something with my settings? Please help!

Also - there is an alert that says "you have lost data connectivity because..." then I can't read the rest and when I click it, I just go back to the home screen. Whats that all about?

Advertisement

2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Go to: >Settings >Wireless and network settings >Mobile Networks

..and make sure Data enabled and Data roaming are checked. However if you are roaming on AT&T, you will not get "3G" as the G2x does not have 3G radios for AT&T. At best, you will get "Edge/2G" speeds. This from someone who got their phone unlocked and has AT&T account, and their T-Mobile branded Motorola Defy working on AT&T's 3G.

3. v8dreaming

v8dreaming Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    I'm having a problem with wifi as well. It's connecting, but it won't load anything. Browser won't load, market won't load etc. I've tried disconnecting/reconnecting, rebooting etc.
    It worked for a while when I first got the phone and now it doesn't work at all.

Edit: This may help. I'm going to try it and see what happens.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1046854

Edit 2: I believe this has solved my problem.

Edit 3: Nope. Stopped working again.

Edit 4: Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1046991

4. killaro98

killaro98 New Member

Jan 10, 2012
    hy i have an htc wildfire and yesterday i went to the internet to look how to speed p my phone they sad ineeded to set my plug-in to on demand since i did that i can't go on the internet anymore please help me i'm so desperred i searchd my hole phone and i didn't find a clou if sombody coud help me i will thank him so much
    P.S: srry for the bad english:D

Tags: