1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

First Android?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by slaphead, Feb 3, 2011.

1. slaphead

slaphead Lurker

Hi I'm hoping to buy my first Android in a few weeks and I have been perusing the nearby shops to find a good deal. I have to stay with T-Mobile to keep my number and I am in the UK if that makes a difference. I was attracted to the Sony Ericsson Xpedia 8 and the HTC Desire, which one out of these two would be the best? Or any others. I'm looking for a phone with decent apps, easy to use, easy to use as a fitness tool not too expensive and works in Ghana. I would also love to have a decent sat-nav or GPS that can be used in Ghana. Max budget of around

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Android Expert

X8 = SE!!!! :mad: NO
    Desire = pricey, but excellent value too!
    My advice is to buy an Orange San Francisco (ZTE Blade), its free to unlock and is excellent value (half price it should be really)

3. Guamguy

Guamguy Android Expert

I was wondering what the ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco is, since its a phone I don't generally see in this side of the pond. Mostly Europe, not in Asia or the US, despite being manufactured by ZTE which is Chinese.

Researching on it, I think wow. That's a lot of phone for an insanely low price. That's disruptive. That should scare the hell out of Nokia. Should scare the hell out of everybody.

4. TomLaws1993

TomLaws1993 Member

I have the X8 and it is surprisingly good for its price but as said before, it's SE so no.

5. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

Get a G2, Nexus One, or Nexus S -- you wont regret it. (IMO)

Stock Android means faster updates, and you can always instal themes and mods if you want something to look like one of the skins like SenseUI, TouchWiz or whatever the sony one is called.

Edit:
    Err sorry, didnt see you were in the UK, not sure if those phones are available there but I would think so. HTC Desire is supposed to be a nice phone as well, but I'd say going with stock Android is a really good strategy if you can.

Edit 2: Also in order from awesome to mostly awesome I would say Nexus one, G2, Nexus S. But I'm pretty biased!

6. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Go for the HTC DESIRE better yet the DESIRE HD.