• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First Apps for your phone

I've noticed that when first starting up, certain apps start on their own. Killing the ones I don't need seems to have speed up my G1, however the Android operating system is designed to kill apps of it's own accord when it needs the memory.

New to droid universe, love it so far. I too thought I would get a task killer after reading thru some threads. I had it for a 2 day's and noticed the battery def drained QUICKER with it than without it. I uninstalled the ATK app and I am happy so far with the performance.

People seem really divided on this issue, but for now I am just going to trust the DX to do the right thing.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Sorry for the long list, but I can't decide what to narrow it down to. Just copy this list and you're off to a great start lol :D

Not all are on the market, some of them are found through google.

Gamble's Apps on the phone

Phone: DROIDX
129 total, 108 free (83%), 21 paid (16%), 233MB total size, $85.45 total price

Upvote 0
1. LauncherPro Plus
LauncherPro Beta | AndroidApplications.com
2. WidgetLocker
WidgetLocker Lockscreen | AndroidApplications.com
3. Share Contacts via SMS
Share contacts via SMS | AndroidApplications.com
4. RingDroid
Ringdroid | AndroidApplications.com
5. Music Junk
(not available on the market)
6. Shuffle Tone 2.0
ShuffleTone 2.0 | AndroidApplications.com
7. Handcent
Handcent SMS | AndroidApplications.com
8. Slacker or Pandora (I have both for different reasons)
Slacker Radio | AndroidApplications.com
Pandora Radio | AndroidApplications.com
9. AppAlarm Pro
AppAlarm Pro | AndroidApplications.com
10. Barcode Scanner
Barcode Scanner | AndroidApplications.com
11. SMS wishes
Sms Wishes | AndroidApplications.com

There are a lot of others but this is a good start

Any special tweeks or anything else that need to be done after installing the launcher pro??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones