• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help First "big girl phone"/mom 0f 3/need a "mentor" please

OK, with ur post being so broad to say the least ;) ur best bet is to jus hang out here for a bit & check out as many threads as u see or think u need to see...

lol...not my first "big girl phone" but I'm new to Android. These forums are great! Forget about calling Sprint tech support for anything, you can typically find the answers here.

Big tip: take the time to read through the Epic User Guide and as you're reading through play with the phone to familiarize yourself with the menus and settings. Then any answers you get from us (in Andranish) will be much easier to understand.

Have fun! :)

Upvote 0
of course, the epic guide post has lots of good information: http://androidforums.com/samsung-ep...-4g-guide-updated-8-16pm-cst-9-19-2010-a.html

here's another link with lots of basic information about android. there might be something similar on this site, but i found the BAW site first as it was part of Sprint online services.

Sprint Android community

as mentioned above, once you have an idea of what android is about, then focus on Epic related capabilities, configurations and customizations.

it's quite overwhelming, so be patience with yourself and the device. android provides a large range of flexibility, from the vanilla functions to the most extensive customizations. find the balance that best fit your style.

Upvote 0
3 words: youtube, youtube, youtube.....or is that 6 words? Start by searching for Samsung Epic reviews or Epic software review. Then search for app reviews to learn about features u may never have thought of. If you're stumped for ideas go to the Android Market and click on Most Popular...you'd be surprised how many decent reviews are out there and how much you can learn.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones