1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root FIrst boot issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mindys, Aug 21, 2011.

1. mindys

mindys Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2011
    Chicago
    Hi guys. So now I have a different issue. This time is with flashing a new ROM. I am currently running Leedroid 3.3.3 which I flashed maybe a week ago and when I flashed it the initial boot took no longer than 5 minutes. Now I tried switching ROMs so I flashed Honey3D and the initial book got stuck on the white Htc logo. I waited for around 15 minutes. Then I tried to flash RCMix3D Kingdom V2.0 and the initial boot got stuck on the Htc logo again. I waited for over 20 minutes and the phone moved nowhere. I would pull the battery out and go into recovery and do a restore of the Leedroid 3.3.3 and the phone boots up properly. Anything I might be doing wrong? I always do a full wipe before flashing. Thank you.

Advertisement

2. thoffland

thoffland Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Network Administrator
    Arizona
    Are you also wiping the Dalvik cache? There's an ext4 utility which does the full wipe for you, but you still need to wipe the dalvik too. When I flash a new rom I do a factory reset in cwm, and wipe the dalvik, or use the format utility and wipe the dalvik and haven't had any issues.... yet.

3. mindys

mindys Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2011
    Chicago
    I have tried doing a factory reset in cwm and wiped the dalvik cache but no go. I also used Fullwipe 1.5, but that also did not work. It keeps getting stuck at the HTC logo. But the strange thing is that I flashed the CyanogenMod ROM on my Inspire and that loaded up perfectly. But whenever I try to to load up RCMix3D Kingdom or Honey3D, it gets stuck on the white HTC screen. I let RCMix3D load for an hour at least and it made no progress. When I loaded up LeeDroid 3.3.3 it took about a minute to get past the HTC logo screen.