1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

First cross country travel with my t.bolt

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dyezak, Mar 23, 2011.

1. dyezak

dyezak Well-Known Member

So i left Dallas this morning for Phoenix. Woke up and pulled the t.bolt off the charger at 5am, went to the airport, used AA's app to check-in and get through security and board. Checked email, texts, etc, until I boarded at 6:50am. Got on the plane and took a 3hr flight playing gLee for 30min and watched a movie. Landed and turned my radio back on, instant 4g. Looked at battery, 50%.

Very nice experience.

SPD, jhsu123 and Outlaw.99 like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. milellie111

milellie111 Member

No way. I don't believe you. You have to be lying. Haven't you read all of the posts where people say the battery sucks?:p

3. dyezak

dyezak Well-Known Member

And of course posted from my t.bolt.

4. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Android Expert

I think it's simply a matter of calibrating the charger.
    Every new phone has a plethora of people slamming battery life then it dies down once people realize that you need to charge and deplete the thing a few times before it starts to learn.

jhsu123 likes this.
  5. dyezak

dyezak Well-Known Member

Just an update, it has been 3hrs since I got off the plane with 50% battery. I have met with my customer for 1hr, been in the car for 1hr ( driving ), and had lunch for 1hr. The only tome my phone has seen a charger in the last 8hrs is while driving. I am at 70% battery right now. Remember, 3hr of that time was in airplane mode ( with heavy media usage ), the rest of the time I have been in 4g with normal usage.

I see no problems with this phone or battery. I have no special settngs, apps, or tricks.

jhsu123 and McLabia like this.
  6. Skeletronix

Skeletronix Well-Known Member

Thats awesome! I've had no complaints about battery life. I'm running several widgets, 4g 100% of the time, all acounts syncing on a regular basis, moderate use, and easily getting through the day on a single charge. Of course, I have a car charger and extra wall charger if I need it for things like GPS or Mobile hot-spot, but aside from that battery has been more than adequate. Best phone I've ever used! With Skype and root coming it'll only get better!

jhsu123 likes this.
  7. dyezak

dyezak Well-Known Member

Here we are another 2hr later and my phone is at 40%. That is with Pandora streaming for the past 45min too.

8. Mallissa

Mallissa Android Enthusiast

THAT is awesome! Sounds like you have a keeper. :) <insert blah blah disclaimer here> I think alot of people thought this phone was just simply going to be some intergallactic, stellar device that would vacuum their living room and gas up their car while they slept. lol I am in no way saying that people aren't having issues, just that maybe some people expected the device to be better then it is. It's easier to blame the device then to say "hey, I thought this phone was going to be better because I had HIGH expectations, and I made a mistake in buying it." I calibrated my battery about 7-8 times with a full charge/discharge, and other then a couple of random reboots (getting an exchange tonight), I am golden. Glad your phone is working so well for you. :)

jhsu123 likes this.
  9. Outlaw.99

Outlaw.99 Android Enthusiast

People need to realize that no two setups are the same... Whether its how many contacts, what apps, how long we charge, what way we charge, wall v/s pc, games or anything... All use will be different as will the battery life....

I play with mine too much right now cause its new.... So I have to bump charge at lunch for now cause I have long days.... Its a small price to pay to have such a bundle of "I can" in my fist.... I can almost sell my laptop at this point.... Thats how much mine does for me... This wont be the case for everyone...

jhsu123 likes this.
  10. stridr69

stridr69 Newbie

...."Got on the plane and took a 3hr flight playing gLee for 30min and watched a movie."

Did you watch that movie on your phone? How long was that movie? 60 min? 90 Min? 120 Min? Just curious here.

11. dyezak

dyezak Well-Known Member

112min movie

12. jhsu123

jhsu123 Member

I agree. I'm still in training mode for my battery, but it's learning how to fully charge to 100%! :)

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews