• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First full work day battery report

i fully charged the phone over night and unplugged it at 10 am.
4hrs of pandora streaming (3hrs on 3G and 1hr on wifi)
30 mins of web surfing
30 mins playing with maps and checking traffic.
downloaded 2 dozen games and apps.

finally got low battery warning around 9:30 pm. so 11.5 hrs of use. but i was sweating the last hour while coming back from work. it'd be nice if seido sells some extended 1750 MaH battery:D

i fully charged the phone over night and unplugged it at 10 am.
4hrs of pandora streaming (3hrs on 3G and 1hr on wifi)
30 mins of web surfing
30 mins playing with maps and checking traffic.
downloaded 2 dozen games and apps.

finally got low battery warning around 9:30 pm. so 11.5 hrs of use. but i was sweating the last hour while coming back from work. it'd be nice if seido sells some extended 1750 MaH battery:D

Out of curiosity, where did you get your Aria? And for what price?

Upvote 0
yea i put mine through i guess moderate use... 12 hrs of wifi light web browsing and music player running and about 9 hours of standby left me with about 9% battery left. no cell radio on btw (signal is intentionaly blocked where i work) Shouldnt the battery improve a little over the next few charges?

Upvote 0
yea i put mine through i guess moderate use... 12 hrs of wifi light web browsing and music player running and about 9 hours of standby left me with about 9% battery left. no cell radio on btw (signal is intentionaly blocked where i work) Shouldnt the battery improve a little over the next few charges?

Did you actually turn off your cell radio or did you just not have signal?

Upvote 0
Shouldnt the battery improve a little over the next few charges?

I know the battery life on my wife's Backflip improved after some charges. It also seems to have improved greatly after their update. I think I read that HTC is going to push an update that will improve battery life on Sense based devices as well. So it seems once that comes the battery life on the Aria will be ridiculous.

Upvote 0
did you have backround data on for all your apps and everything? my battery got eaten from noon to 5 pm yesterday (first day) completely, although under rather ridiculous use

yea non of the mid-higher end smart phones will last a whole day under extremely heavy use (at least non I know of) ~6 hours sounds right under extreme use... im conistantly geting about 20-24 hours between charge on mid to light usage (couple emails browse ~10 webpages, listen to music ~3 hours make a few calls, rest is in standby)

Upvote 0
did you have backround data on for all your apps and everything? my battery got eaten from noon to 5 pm yesterday (first day) completely, although under rather ridiculous use

i had everything turned on except the GPS. the battery isn't that bad for moderate users. but for bandwidth hog like myself could use a cheap extra battery to carry around or one of those extended battery from innocell would be nice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones