1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

first fully working ICS for DHD

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ivicakc, Aug 17, 2012.

1. ivicakc

ivicakc Android Enthusiast

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kadimi

kadimi Android Enthusiast

I don't think it's a good idea to have ICS on the HTC Desire HD.

From the HTC blog:
    HTC clarifies why the Desire HD won

3. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Yeah, I get that their version may be too big for the phone, but most (if not all) custom ROM's are a hell of a lot smaller...

I'm not really a Sense fan, but am gonna check this out :)

ivicakc likes this.
  4. nigsy

nigsy Android Enthusiast

Who cares what HTC think - This is for rooted phones anyway.

HTC have a vested interest in creating negative vibes around ICS for the HD. The truth is as D-U-R-X has stated these custom roms are lighter so don't need the system resources that a full HTC version of ICS would take.

I'll give this a try.

5. BrutalUK

BrutalUK Android Enthusiast

I ran this rom for a while yesterday and all seemed to work ok. Found it to be very responsive and quick. First attempt to install it came with a stuck boot screen, 2nd attempt worked fine after not restarting (thanks for Ral's tip)when asked but restart via 4EXT.

scotty85 likes this.
  6. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

That's what happened to me also. Working a treat now.

As for HTC supplying ICS, it has nothing to do with the fact that their ICS is too "big", too "small" or the wrong colour. Their issue is that installing it would mean wiping customer's data and no matter how they tried to communicate this fact to their customers they would have very many who would then complain that HTC had deleted the only copy of their last 5 years of contacts .... :( This customer service issue is the reason we are not getting ICS, there is NO technical reason.

Now, as "geeks" we can argue all we like about how HTC should make it available anyway but, in truth, it's just because us "geeks" want it. We don't "need" ICS, out phones work just fine without ICS, it's just that we "want" it. As a percentage of HTCs customer base we are way too small for them to put the time and effort into creating something just for us.

So, live with it and go load a custom ROM. Works for me ....

Dave

scotty85 likes this.
  7. nigsy

nigsy Android Enthusiast

Well I've installed it. Spent a bit of time tweaking and downloading the apps I need.
    Running Apex launcher to get rid of the 'Sense' theme all seems good. Have a couple of issues:
    - Swype Keyboard doesn't work
    - Messaging App crashes when resizing pics for MMS
    - Facebook not pulling through profile pics
    - Battery drain seems a little high (maybe due to the tweaking this savo)

scotty85 likes this.
  8. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

I'm using the Nova launcher but may try Apex if I can be bothered to change again. Battery seems fine with me, using UltrasmoothRosie, max. CPU = 1.49760GHz and smartassV2 governor.

Dave

9. humpdog

humpdog Well-Known Member

All fine here:smokingsomb:

10. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Thread moved to the All Things Root section, as it is related to a custom ROM.

scotty85 likes this.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews