1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

First Impression of 595...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chmodx, May 22, 2011.

1. chmodx

chmodx Android Enthusiast

Well it's faster on the desktop, colors seem to be a little more vivid. Where do I base that from? The Motorola news widget's orange is much more intense now.

I expected 5 rows but there are still 4. That's ok though. I'm wondering if there's a way to change the location of the shortcut menu arrow.

There's less "hesitation" when using functions, such as making a call. There's no quivering with bringing up the dialpad or contact list like on Froyo.

Netflix streaming is a nice ability, though my HBO Go disappeared. Batting .500 there, we'll see if there's a workaround at some point.

Anyhow, thanks to all who helped me become a Verizon outlaw!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

your welcome bud :)

3. alprazolam

alprazolam Android Expert

So you made it safely on the GB side huh? Good for you. According to sources, the OTA will be out on May 26th? :D

4. chmodx

Yeah that's what people are saying, we'll see. 595 works fine as far as I'm concerned, the only thing I might want to do is get this thing rooted so I can run the market fix.

Rooting 595, what's that procedure entail?

5. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

you may have to restart the process and install the .595 deodexed version instead of the "stock" version. This would involve SBF back to FroYo and then .588, then .591 if you wish, then deodexed .595

6. kidon

kidon Well-Known Member

Which .595 file did you flash? There's a chance you may already be rooted.

7. chmodx

Yeah I went with stock, I saw elsewhere that I'd have to do it again. It's so easy to do now I feel confident enough to walk others through it.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews