• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First impressions - likes & dislikes......

isdoo

Aug 7, 2009
Okay, first thing, let me say this is my first smartphone or better.

I resisted buying the G1, and so went for the HTC Hero once available, instead of the Nokia N97.

Although I have a T-Mobile contract, I decided to get an unlocked phone.

I must admit, I am impressed so far.

It was easy to set up POP3 email, Exchange email, music, twitter etc.

I am also able to easily view websites and even use them on the device.

Probably the biggest anoyance is the volume button on the side - this is easy to catch when viewing websites, and makes a noise when hit - annoying during the day, and even more so at night when one is trying not to disturb the wife!!

The other frustration is the inability to play video clips either from the BBC website or from say their iplayer (or beebplayer) from the marketplace.

Apart from these two 'issues', I find the phone better than expected, with no lag and much better than any previous device - although I have yet to discover the 'compass' that features in the HTC promos etc.

Although I would have prefered a physical keyboard, I hve found no issues with the pop-up keyboard when typing and is a 100% better than a regular keypad.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones