1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General First impressions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RazoE, Jul 27, 2011.

1. RazoE

RazoE Well-Known Member
    None

Just got mine:D

what do you guys like/hate about it.?

Hate:
    -usb port on the LEFT..?!? come on now, was this really necessary?!?
    -It does feel a bit heavy, but that's okay, definitely feels like it'd break on its first drop
    -Sense 3.0. I installed ADW EX launcher almost immediately.
    -No music widget

Like:
    -SPEEEDD, this thing is fast!
    -Fast start-up, once again this thing is FAST
    -Screen resolution is great, lost of colors I never knew existed. Of course now that the resolution is higher, saved photos appear to be the size of thumbnails, but that's okay.
    -Lots of built in memory.

I'm still messing with this thing, too bad there's no music widget to start playing on your screen (wtf? I've had one since my G1!).

So what do you guys think?

Advertisement

2. 808keitai

808keitai Lurker
    None

Jul 27, 2011
    After four days with mine, I'm quite happy with it overall: Speed, screen, build quality all fine. Camera won't replace anyone's DSLR, but it's certainly on a par with the smaller point-and-shoots, and of course you always have it with you.
    • Yep, USB port location is a pain. (Also the included cord is about a foot too short.)
    • The weight is noticeable, if not really a problem for me -- still pocketable. But definitely makes me treat it more gingerly.
    • The camera lens seems really vulnerable to scratches if you place it on a gritty surface. May put some rubber bumpers on the bottom just to be safe.
    • Battery life seems like it could be an issue for all but the lightest users -- and you'll likely want to use it more because of its power/features. Just ordered a backup from Amazon.
    But all of those points are relatively minor, and most I knew of or suspected going into the purchase. No regrets.

3. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Android Expert
    None

Speed is the only thing i like about it. Side by side with my epic.....

Hate the keyboard. No number row. No cursor keys. Still don't like the .com key placement. Hated it on the g2 too.

Screen is small. Not bad pq wise though.

Micro usb location. On the bottom please. Can't charge in my car cradle.

Camera isn't bad, but it doesn't live up to the hype.

If i switch to tmob i'm buying the bell droid 3 and keeping this as a back up. Tmob needs a premium slider in line with sprint and verizon. Much more productive on my epic than i am on the g2 or 4gs.