• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First phone to run Froyo?

150_cav

Android Enthusiast
Dec 16, 2009
i read on pocketnow.com that the HTC EVO is supposed to get update to Froyo this summer, but do you think it will be the first to run Froyo?

the moto droid was the first (and only) to go to 2.0 when it was only on Verizon so i guess it could be sprints turn, seeing as t-mobile got the first android OS.

but here is what i think, i think it will be the Nexus One, with phone like the EVO, Google has to make Froyo, then HTC has to make their apps like sense run with Froyo, then the wireless carrier has to approve it, but with the Nexus, wouldn't it only be Google that has to approve the update?

Tell me what you think will be the first to get Froyo and why

Well, with Froyo, they are taking out many apps that won't run on specific phones, and having people who can download them from the market instead. They are trying to make the whole phone/os thing less fragmented (meaning they want the same OS on as many phones as possible). That being said, it is anyone's guess who will get it first. But along the lines of the poster above, it will probably be a "Google Experience" phone (like the Droid or the N1)...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones