1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

First picture takes forever to snap - all others after are fine.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tastypotato, Nov 25, 2011.

1. tastypotato

tastypotato Lurker
    None

Nov 25, 2011
    When I boot up the camera application the first picture I take always takes about 3-5 seconds for the lens to actually snap and even if I'm holding it totally still the picture is blurry. Every shot after that is fine though, this is really annoying as sometimes people are only willing to hold poses for one picture or something that happens quickly and I never end up getting the shot.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm on 2.3.3.

Could this also have anything to do with the fact that when I hit the home button it all of my application icons take a couple seconds to show up (They pop up randomly, but not all at the same time, beautiful widgets always loads last)

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Cameras on phones are progressing as time passes but they still lack some. Some phones are better than others as for shutter speed. You might want to check into the area of your device's discussion to get some tips on it's camera operation. Perhaps they can lend some helpful information. Welcome to Android Forums and I hope you enjoy your time here.

3. tastypotato

tastypotato Lurker
    None

Nov 25, 2011
    The interesting thing is though - that once I take the first picture all of the other shots with the stock camera application are fine and they take right when I click down the button, but the first one always has a extremely long delay between the button being pressed (And the screen going dark) and the shutter actually clicking.

Woah.. How did this get posted into the introductions? This is meant to be posted in the Droid X Support & Troubleshooting. Doh! :)