• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help First post and "10219" issue question

chibae

Jun 10, 2016
Hi all. I don't know the approval process for posting so if I don't respond to your answers in a timely manner it was due to waiting on posting privileges.

I have a Galaxy S7 running 6.0.1. I had been using a Galaxy S3 since the fall of 2013. I just upgraded two weeks ago. During this time I had always used the app "Tiny Flashlight+LED" from the app store. I went and installed it on the S7 for convenience as I already have five of my most used settings in the top pull down, such as WiFi on/off, and didn't want to jump through steps to get to the built in flashlight.

Yesterday I noticed that when I checked my battery usage, the Tiny flashlight was using about 3%. I toggled it on and off a few times then made sure it was closed with the close all, left hand soft button. Today, with no usage since I closed it yesterday, it was at 10%. So I uninstalled it, waited an hour and checked. The Tiny flashlight was gone but now I had what appeared to be an "android symbol" black silhouette with the numbers 10219 next to it and using 37%. I cleared caches, double checked any apps I had used this morning. A long google search showed up nothing except that it may represent an error in the force close of the keyboard???? I checked my S3 which I still use and the Tiny flashlight showed no usage. I uninstalled it and the "10219 did not show up.

So, I have done a factory reset which seems to have worked. I did not install the Tiny flashlight. Any thoughts on what happened and why? More important, what to do in the future if it occurs again?

Edited to add that I am on Verizon, USA

Last edited:
Hi

Well, I don't know, but I do know that some apps do this with 6.0.1 (use lots of battery). I had a similar thing with Google Gesture Search and solved it by side loading an older version which worked fine. The 10219 is a Process ID which may or may not be allocated to a process related to the app (very hard to tell). Probably something has got in a program loop.

If you need to uninstall something like that again, I would do it from settings, app manager and clear the cache, clear the data and then delete it.

I'm using Tiny Flashlight by Nikolay Ananiev which works fine on 6.0.1 on my Note 4. Is that the app you are talking about?

Upvote 0
Well I reinstalled it and it would not go off the lock screen, meaning if I opened the phone to see the time the flashlight would be on the same screen. The only way to get rid of it would be a force stop. So I uninstalled it again and it will stay uninstalled this time. I will remember your advice for other apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones