1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support first question here, prob of many

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zman92627, Feb 22, 2011.

1. zman92627

zman92627 Lurker
    None

Feb 19, 2011
    so, i have had my samsong moment for 9 maybe 10 months. about a month ago i had 4 updates that were way overdue. no more updates avail so replacing the phone is next. except for buying a new phone, not a real huge deal killer cause it's just a phone/ toy. no real work done on it, but it is my sole phone now. dropped the house line.

OKAY, THE QUESTION

not sure when it started, right after the updates or...? but now when i add to contacts it goes in but does not read in my contact menu. if i type the number in it shows who it is, but the name does not show in menu. WHY (???????????????????????????????? ) i really went a long time not inputting numbers in cause i would loose the number. now i have a bunch in the last couple of weeks.

any help?

added question, if i do drop this phone, what would be a suggested phone to replace with? i have been with sprint for about 15 years with no problems, no real reason to leave them. what phone is next, now or coming?

thanks!

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    I went from a Moment to an Evo, wife went from Moment to Evo Shift.

Either those, or the Samsung Epic, are your top choices on Sprint.

You won't regret the change, you really won't.

Here's the Shift user reviews - http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-shift-4g/254006-evo-shift-reviews.html

The Epic and Evo offer even more.

If you can afford it, my honest advice is to upgrade and not look back.

3. roadster

roadster Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 21, 2010
    have you synched your acct , so when you add numbers or whatever to get them to contacts. it wil lnot do it foryou.

4. ned23

ned23 Member
    None

Dec 12, 2009
    I agree. Just traded the Moment in for an Evo 4G. It replaced both the phone and the MiFi. Amazing phone. I was really hesitant about the on-screen keyboard, but with voice recognition and the keys being big enough it hasn't been the problem I expected.

5. zman92627

zman92627 Lurker
    None

Feb 19, 2011
    Thanks all! Took me a bit to navigate back here being the newbie I am, but glad to read some thoughts!! Will be looking at the EVO here real quick.

John

EarlyMon likes this.

Samsung Moment

The Samsung Moment was one of the first Android Phones with a slideout keyboard.