• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First question... something missing in 2.1 :(

I am new to the forum here, came across in search of finding a fix for this. On both the 2.1 leaked update as well as the 2.1 root This feature is not present.
As to why someone would like it, for me I use an analog hearing aid making my calls via the hearing aid's T-coil switch. This allows me to hear only my caller, no outside sound. The ability to hear my own voice helps my ability to keep my speech normal.
Is there anyway to find out where the change may have been made in the lib dir so I maybe able to get a custom rom done and reverse this?

Upvote 0
I am new to the forum here, came across in search of finding a fix for this. On both the 2.1 leaked update as well as the 2.1 root This feature is not present.
As to why someone would like it, for me I use an analog hearing aid making my calls via the hearing aid's T-coil switch. This allows me to hear only my caller, no outside sound. The ability to hear my own voice helps my ability to keep my speech normal.
Is there anyway to find out where the change may have been made in the lib dir so I maybe able to get a custom rom done and reverse this?

This is yet to be seen. I would hope so. I also really use the fact that I hear myself, to know that I'm connected, when the other end is silent.

Upvote 0
This lack of sidetone is driving me nuts. It doesn't seem like talking on a phone, more like talking to a rock. I find myself yelling into the phone in noisy environments, and constantly asking the person on the other end if they are still there. Every time I start to say something, I wonder if the call is still connected.

SUCKS BAD.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones