1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root First rooted android

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ionion, Oct 16, 2010.

1. ionion

ionion Active Member

Sep 5, 2010
    California
    so i decided to take the dive and root my phone since my brother decided to jailbreak his iphone. just a couple of things i was wondering about. once i did get it rooted, i played with all the new stuff that opened up and 3 hours later i notice that my battery life has gotten much better. is this due to the root? or did i just get lucky with that 3 hours. along with batt getting better im noticing that it runs a little more crisp and speedy (took off some bloat so i expected this). one of the things that has been bugging me, i have not been able to get a clear cut answer as to going back to stock 2.2 if/when another ota comes out, would i use rsdlite 4.8 and the 2.2 sbf only to get it back to stock 2.2? will i need boot strap or anything else? all ive done is root (from 2.2 ota) and install tether, ti backup and remove bloat. or would i just be able to install ota since i dont have any custom rom on it?

Advertisement

2. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

if you are only rooted with a stock 2.2 device then if and when another ota comes out then all you would have to do is unroot your x and your good .The only time you have to flash the sbf is if you screw up installing a custom rom/ theme and dont have a backup.So prior to you doing any customized roms or themes u have to do a back up that way if you screw up in the rom process or another ota comes out all u have to do is go to that backup and restore then unroot and your golden.

3. tech_head

tech_head Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    No need to un-root.
    OTA work fine with root. You will only need to root again after the update.
    I was rooted with 2.1 and did the OTA 2.2 with no issues.