• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First stupid mistake!

Turbojoe

Mar 27, 2011
Mesa, Az
OK. Just got my N7 yesterday and already screwed things up. I had loaded some music and played a few songs to test. They somehow ended up on the start screen. While trying to delete them from the screen I managed to delete the entire screen! All my fault I know but is there a way to bring back the original default screen? Now when started I only have a blank screen. I'd like to get back to original THEN learn how to delete only the things I want.

Thanks for any help.

Joe

^indeed, that widget is the "Play - My Library" widget. It's like Claghorn says, it is a widget that shows the album art, magazine covers, movie covers, etc of things recently accessed from your library.

That was it! Thanks! I didn't realize it was just recently accessed stuff. I drug "My library" back and moved it to the side screen as it'll serve as a history screen for me. Looks like I'll just start populating my own personal start screen now.

Joe

Upvote 0
Is it possible I lost that widget after installing nova launcher?
I don't see it.

I just installed Nova Launcher Prime last night. (Loving it by the way.) "My Library" is still there in the widgets area. You just have to keep scrolling and scrolling through widgets to find it. Make sure you have a clear home screen to drop it on to though. It won't drop to a page with anything else on it. I finally figured this out the hard way..... Hope this helps.

Joe

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
Ahh, found. I was doing long press on the home screen to add the widget instead of using the Apps button. Thx!

Oh yeah, gotta remember to mention that for folks coming straight from GB. In the app drawer there is a tab at the top for widgets. That is how you add them to your homescreen since ICS

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones