1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

First thoughts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ZepTepi, Feb 28, 2022.

1. ZepTepi

ZepTepi Android Enthusiast

For those of you who've gotten your device, what are your first thoughts?

I'm trying to gauge whether my decision to hold off on upgrading until next years new smartphone with stylus options.

ocnbrze likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

If I had ANY other phone besides the S21 Ultra, then this is a perfect device to jump up to. Top of the line in every way. Since I came from the S21 Ultra though, it is not the biggest upgrade, still worth it for me though.

It is more squared than the S21, so it does feel a bit more blocky in my hand, but I'm used to it after a week.

Duckster and ocnbrze like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i played with one at the store. i really miss having a dedicated slot for the s-pen. its a pain having to rely on a case to hold my s-pen for my z fold 3.

4. ZepTepi

ZepTepi Android Enthusiast

Am I the only one who finds it interesting how few positive comments there are about this device from people who have gotten it? I saw an article the other day that only around around 60% of people who have gotten it are really happy with it.

5. marctronixx

this phone is sold/selling out and is a big seller for samsung. easy to look for confirmation bias for anything on the internet. people still waiting for their s22 even today. i got the unlocked 1tb version and could not be happier. traded the flip 3 for it. still rockin' the fold 3 which is also a dynamite phone.

most folks wont take the time to post up on the internet how great something is. i would not get caught up in what blogs say or dont say. example, people hate on tesla every chance they get, yet there are people waiting months for one.:thinking:

Duckster, NightAngel79 and ZepTepi like this.
  6. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

The Darling Bride FINALLY got her S22 Ultra today. She ordered the 512GB version in red. Neither of us are sure if anyone in Korea knows what "RED" is supposed to look like, but we don't know of anywhere on the planet where this would be considered "RED". It's more of a funky coral color than anything, and she is not happy about it. Considering how long it took to get here, the last thing she wants to do is exchange it for another one.

EDIT: And back it goes. No sense paying that much money for a device with which she is not happy.

Attached Files:

#6 The_Chief, Mar 18, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
    olbriar and NightAngel79 like this.
  7. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Interesting. I went with White just because, though I immediately put a case on it and never gave the color another thought.

Duckster, The_Chief and olbriar like this.
  8. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

That was an option, but we considered the potential resale value a couple of years from now. How many people will want a coral phone?

:spitoutdroid:

9. jhtalisman

jhtalisman Android Enthusiast

So far so good with my green 512gb unlocked.

Most of the dissatisfaction or negativity of the phone is due to lack of micro sd and/or headphone jack. As if Samsung hadn't started eliminating those features a few years ago on their flagships. It doesn't bother me anyways at this point but to each their own, but if someone purchased a device this expensive without confirming the capabilites then it is on them, not the manufacturer.

NightAngel79 likes this.
  10. jhtalisman

jhtalisman Android Enthusiast

So after 5 days my only complaints are that the buttons are on the wrong side in comparison to the Note 10+ I had and some sporadic issues with wifi speed that only occur on this phone and no other devices that hopefully will be resolved in a future software update.

#10 jhtalisman, Mar 26, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2022

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra release date was 25 February. Features and Specs include a 6.8" inch screen, 108MP camera, 8-16GB RAM, Exynos 2200 processor, and 5000mAh battery.

25 February
Release Date
Reviews