• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help First Time Android User Just Needs Help!

Hi! I have always liked the line of HTC phones and now I finally have one. I have the HTC Wildfire S, but I am having some problems using it. This is my first Android and smartphone. At different times for the past two days of using it, I keep getting an error message stating an error code 104. And another one stating this: connection error javax,net.ssL handshake aborted: ssl=Oxzef758: I/O error during system call, Connection reset by peer. I cannot log into Facebook or WordPress or Twitter. I cannot connect to the Internet but I can download apps from the App store and play music from iheart radio and I don't know how to get on the internet or where to even go to get on the internet. I don't know how to get into the gallery to edit my pictures on my phone. I know I have a good signal, full bars and the 1x thing is always lit up and stuff. I can make and receive calls and texts. I go though Virgin. I bought the phone used, so it just came with the memory card and the cord, but I put my previously used 4gb card in there. Is there any videos to watch on how to use this phone? Tutorials, something? Can someone please advise me? I have posted several place elsewhere with this question but no one has answered me. I am soooo sick and tired of dealing with shotty prepaid customer service. I have just left Straight Talk for getting the run around the lies from them that I really don't want to call Virgin again, though my first initial contact with them was fantastic, but I really don't want to have to call them again so soon. Please, someone, help me!!!! Thank you!!!

Since you are a novice you have two options...possibly three

1] you can further your root knowledge by googling your phone name and root to see of you can fix your woes

2] alternatively, same search but look how to un-root and put it back to stock so you will have a regular whatever you have again

3] or you can do a factory reset and see of that helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones