• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help First Time Droid X Owner Having Captcha/Gmail Account Problems

HalfDroid

Lurker
Jun 22, 2010
My mom wanted an Android phone and decided to go with the Droid X. She really likes the phone so far, even though there is a bit of a learning curve. The problem that is frustrating us both is that in order to sign into Google's Android Market place you must enter/confirm your gmail account.

We enter her account information, which is 100% correct, and then it brings us to a captcha box. I've entered about 30 different captcha's and each time it starts to connect to Google's servers and then brings us right back to another captcha. There will be clear captcha's and I will be very careful I'm entering the correct characters and then it will still not work.

Does anyone have a solution to this? Should I chalk this up as a server problem and wait and try it again tomorrow?

I understand this isn't necessarily a Droid X issue as it is an Android 2.2 issue.

Thanks,

My mom wanted an Android phone and decided to go with the Droid X. She really likes the phone so far, even though there is a bit of a learning curve. The problem that is frustrating us both is that in order to sign into Google's Android Market place you must enter/confirm your gmail account.

We enter her account information, which is 100% correct, and then it brings us to a captcha box. I've entered about 30 different captcha's and each time it starts to connect to Google's servers and then brings us right back to another captcha. There will be clear captcha's and I will be very careful I'm entering the correct characters and then it will still not work.

Does anyone have a solution to this? Should I chalk this up as a server problem and wait and try it again tomorrow?

I understand this isn't necessarily a Droid X issue as it is an Android 2.2 issue.

Thanks,

chances are, auto-correct is on. when you type in the captcha, look at the words coming up at the bottom. tap the one that is exactly as the one you typed/the word captcha is displaying THEN hit next. my guess is that the phone keeps autocorrecting the word you are putting in.

P.S. i'm sorry you didnt get any suggestions sooner. if you havent fig'd it out yet, i really hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones