• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First time, long time.

Robfactory

Sep 24, 2009
East Coast
So, I've been reading this site for over a yr and just decided to register.
I'm an android user looking into the mix of what's coming down the next couple of months.
Currently I'm in Miami, Fl and I'm torn between the Cliq or switching over to Sprint for the Hero.
I currently have a T-mo fam plan with 4 lines and 2 of them with data. I only pay $10 for unlimited texts. and 2000 mins for $200.

I'm thinking of switching to Sprint cause of the Hero and the 3000 mins (unlimited to other mobile), unlimited txt & data, sprint tv & telenav for $209.

However, I don't know what's the future of android on Sprint. It seems like T-mo will be the constant android provider while everyone else is testing the field.
Summary:
Cliq is awesome & the Hero specs seem better.
Might switch from Tmo to Sprint cuz of features.
Wht do you guys think?

Welcome to the forums! :) As far as switching goes, I guess it all depends on coverage in your area. Great thing about cell phone carriers is they have a trial period in which you can return the phones and cancel the plan with no penalty. If you feel that Sprint might be a better fit for you, then try it out. My rule with cell phone carriers has always been "never switch just because of a phone." So if the only reason you're thinking of switching is for the Hero, you should definitely think hard about that decision.

Upvote 0
Well I wouldn't do it just for the phone (though an incentive). However, for the price as stated above.
Sprint
1. All Sprint phones will come with unlimited data. I currently have 4 lines and 2 only w/ data on T-Mo.
2. Telenav GPS comes with all phones + Sprint TV
3. Their 3g covers more of Miami than T-mo.
4. 3000 + unlimited to any mobile phone + free after 7pm.

T-Mo
1. I've been with them for 7 yrs.
2. Great voice quality
3. AWESOME CS.
4. Cliq. lol
5. $9 cheaper than sprint.
6. Seems to be adding more Android phones than anyone.

I'm a loyal customer. Even if I'm paying $25 for EDGE (3g is spotty in Miami).
Though I've had a problem with this in back of my mind T-Mo has treated me great. However, when it comes to saving $ and getting more for your $ it seems Sprint has a better plan.
Either way my plan runs out in Nov. If T-Mo is able to beat sprint in features and price I would def. stay.
It almost seems as I've made up my mind, but I haven't yet. Still have a month to go before i can do anything and I want to make the best decision possible since I'll be committed for the next two years.

Upvote 0
So, I've been reading this site for over a yr and just decided to register.
I'm an android user looking into the mix of what's coming down the next couple of months.
Currently I'm in Miami, Fl and I'm torn between the Cliq or switching over to Sprint for the Hero.
I currently have a T-mo fam plan with 4 lines and 2 of them with data. I only pay $10 for unlimited texts. and 2000 mins for $200.

I'm thinking of switching to Sprint cause of the Hero and the 3000 mins (unlimited to other mobile), unlimited txt & data, sprint tv & telenav for $209.

However, I don't know what's the future of android on Sprint. It seems like T-mo will be the constant android provider while everyone else is testing the field.
Summary:
Cliq is awesome & the Hero specs seem better.
Might switch from Tmo to Sprint cuz of features.
Wht do you guys think?

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones