1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

First time need help rooting phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AshaBrown, Oct 21, 2014.

1. AshaBrown

AshaBrown Lurker

Good morning everyone. I've never successfully rooted my phone before but I am currently on LG ls740 ZV4, and I need help with the root file (Im not sure of which one to use) and I am also doing this without a computer. Ive read ALOT of links but I dont know what will work best with my phone. And lastly, my carrier is Boost mobile .

Please help, thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. danhalen1

danhalen1 Well-Known Member

Not possible at this time if you don't have a computer.

3. AshaBrown

AshaBrown Lurker

Is there a root available to where I dont need a computer?

4. danhalen1

danhalen1 Well-Known Member

Not possible at this time if you don't have a computer.

donjuro likes this.
  5. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

To expand on danhalen1's blunt response, on zv4 there is currently no way to root without a computer as you actually have to downgrade to zv3 and reupdate to zv4 using the rooted rom on this site.

On zv3 you can root with towelroot, but it is currently not functional on zv4. Possibly it will be updated to the future, but no one here has any information on that.

In the future, to avoid annoyed responses, please look over the forum and try to find the information yourself before posting a question that has been asked several times, and never should've needed to have been asked in the first place.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews