• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help First Time Odin attempt, need some help

slimer110

Dec 29, 2009
I am gong to attempt to flash my SF to factory after the lack of support from the TB Pro people. I backed up some system apps, uninstalled them, and cannot restore. I've tried everything, including purchasing the app to enable the feature that supposedly fixes the hanging "App Restoring" screen. I just want to put it back to factory. I have done my research, and am comfortable with the proposed process, which seems pretty consistent across the web. However, every article I found is old, and the comments were all positive, and then declined at a certain point with most users saying, "giving an error, phone won't boot" or something like that, then the famous "Comments Closed". I just want to be sure I have the right files before proceeding, esp since the Froyo update. Don't know if that matters or not, but just making sure. My phone is stock as of now, but missing some system apps that are messing with things. Any idea where I can get the correct files? Also, one article said that for factory default, you need to flash 3 different files. (How to Restore you Samsung Fascinate to Factory?) Any advice is greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones