1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root First time rooter, backing up roms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by na3r0k, Aug 15, 2011.

1. na3r0k

na3r0k Newbie
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    So just rooted my HTC Evo via revolutionary. Worked great, but now i'm having trouble accessing titanium backup pro, seems to just freeze, or when loaded states that the phone is not rooted even though it is. Has there been troubleshooting issues with this?

Also I know there has been talk and maybe some debate to which rom should be loaded, from what i've noticed i hear a lot of votes for mainly mikg, miked, or miui. Anyway i liked the look of cyanogen and saw some good votes for it, but noticed that the content for mentions were dated. Which rom should i go with?

Thanks for the help.

Edit Update : restarted my phone and titanium now works, so don't mind that issue.

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    ok to get titaniumback up and running goto your app drawer and find the superuser app and run it. you should see titanium backup listed as denied. click on it and allow permission to it. now tb should work fine. also you can uninstall it and reinstall it.

cm7 is a great rom but it does take a little more tweeking to get it right. i like sense 3.0 right now and i would vote for mik3d. super sweet for a beta that should be a final. another great rom is mikg2.45 check it out.

3. na3r0k

na3r0k Newbie
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    Once i've installed my rom, i've noticed that it wipes all data and contacts, i understand this is where titanium comes in. How do i reload my backup data into the new rom once it's installed?

and also when i look into the titanium folder i notice it's empty, are the back-up files naturally hidden? Or am i just looking in the wrong place. Obviously i need to keep a copy of the back-up on pc.

4. hove131

hove131 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    I use " Mybackup" application to restore apps and data. If your not using Titianium backup pro it will take forever. Its a good buy.

Tags: