• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First time smartphone owner/user

Hello! My name is Jaimie. Last weekend I got a HTC Droid Eris (Verizon). It is my first smartphone. My 8 yr old keeps wanting to take my phone to play with the games! :)

So far I like the phone and features. Wish it was more Palm/OUtlook-like though. Wanting more desktop program for when I am at my computer that syncs with phone apps so when not at the computer. Finally got Astrid working, but have to now re-do all the deadlines, repeats, etc. I had just recently gotten myself all organized with Outlook and now have to spend time re-doing it in several different programs, so that is a little disapointing, but I guess I'll see how it goes.

I was at my mom's "over 55" community today for mother's day and her friend was showing me her iPhone. Lots of apps I didn't find for my droid and wondered if I made the right decision... I've been happy with Verizon for years.... until there is a "problem" and their CS isn't so great...but that's another story. :) So I didn't want to change carriers and I did a lot of cost comparison with V, Sprint & AT&T before walking into my Verizon store and getting hooked. :)

Ok, that's my story.Going back to browsing for cool apps! :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones