1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

first time user of smartphone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by rwchance13, May 1, 2012.

1. rwchance13

rwchance13 Lurker
    None

May 1, 2012
    Just purchased Droid Razr Maxx smartphone, first smartphone for me. Already lost the green droid icon, my email quit working and seems stuck on 04-29, and the time and date is not on display of the screen. What a way to start and only had it since last Thursday. But I guess that is what you get when everyone wants to see it and think they know how to fix this or that. I was tring to figure out how to sign out of email so it would not be running like on my computer, someone who had a smart phone thought they could find it. Now I am considered selfish because I won't let anyone else mess with.
    So I am on this forum to try and learn about this phone and correct the things I mentioned. Hello to all.
    rw

Advertisement

2. Stigy

Stigy Some say...
    None

Nov 5, 2009
    Male
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums!

It seems that a lot of things got messed up on your phone. I am not sure how many apps you have downloaded or how much customization you have done, but maybe a Factory Reset is in order just to get everything back to the way it was?

Your contacts should be sync'd to your Google account or you can back them up via Verizon's Backup service.

You can also find a lot more info about the Maxx in the specific device forum: Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Android Forums

Hope you enjoy your stay here!

3. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    Welcome to AF, and you will find much knowledge here to help you resolve your issues, all you need will be found in this section here, I am sure there will be much help for you there, also try rebooting your phone and see if that helps.

Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Android Forums