• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help First time user of X8 and Android here

1)- What should I do after I rooted my phone? Anything else I should install for it, for example: Root Explorer.. or is there anything else I should do?
2)- Why should we partition our sd card and how to partition sd card? (p/s: I am using Mac)
3)- Then to install apps in my sd card, is it I had to install app2sd? Or is there any other way? How?
4)- As I go through the forum, I saw about this ROM thing. What is ROM? Is it necessary to have it?
5)- How can i make my X8 a cooler and a better device? I hope I can use the phone as long as I can as I do not want to change other phone for at least several years

1) I use what suhel suggested here
2) You should partition your SD card IF you want to use app2sd/link2sd.
3) Yes. with app2sd, you can install your apps to memory card. But with link2sd, you will install app to internal memory. You can link(move) it to SD card later on.
4) ROM is kinda operating system. Custom ROM is like CFW in Symbian ;)
5) There are so many useful applications out there. All you need to do is don't be lazy to look for them.

btw, I'm from Malaysia too :D

Reactions: nelsoncns
Upvote 0
3) Yes. with app2sd, you can install your apps to memory card. But with link2sd, you will install app to internal memory. You can link(move) it to SD card later on.
5) There are so many useful applications out there. All you need to do is don't be lazy to look for them.

looool someone has really now became a MASTER now...

well we've a thread for good applications too...

search button... duh..

http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x8/222747-apps-ive-thread-d.html

Upvote 0

Hi, Nice to meet you.. Well, erm..
1) Thanks~ =)
2) is there a way to partition my sd card using mac? Or it is had to be windows to partition?
3) app2sd or link2sd, which one better? where can i download?
4) is it necessary to have ROM? If yes to make x8 perform better, which one should i used?
5) Alright. I will try~ Thanks~ =)

Upvote 0
Hi, Nice to meet you.. Well, erm..
1) Thanks~ =)
2) is there a way to partition my sd card using mac? Or it is had to be windows to partition?
3) app2sd or link2sd, which one better? where can i download?
4) is it necessary to have ROM? If yes to make x8 perform better, which one should i used?
5) Alright. I will try~ Thanks~ =)

1) Welcome :D

2) I don't know mate, search for software that can create partition for Mac. I never use Mac before. :p

3) I'm using Link2SD, but to be honest, I was jealous when ppl using App2SD can install app bigger than 15MB. I don't know if its just me. I already have 94MB free in phone memory, but still the error appeared. So I suggest you to use App2SD. You can try to use Link2SD tho'.

4) Well, you already have a ROM. An original ROM. Custom ROM is what some guy in XDA was trying to do/create. Now they're working to stabilize newly-custom ROM that has been made/released. There's a lot of custom ROM released at XDA forum. As now, no perfect ROM for X8 released ( correct me if I'm wrong ).

5) You can try clicking link that I have in my signature. I've listed all software I have in my device. :D May luck be with you. In other words, good luck :)

Reactions: nelsoncns
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones