• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fission 2.6.1

Trooper

Android Expert
Apr 11, 2010
Not sure why this ROM does not get any love around here either so I figured Id start a new thread.

So who else here is running it? So far I have to say that this ROM flies. I've been enjoying it a lot today. Fast smooth and no blur bloat to bog you down! Unfortunately right now, this version is only on the full version of FRM (yes meaning you have to have donated). For those of you who have not donated, why not try version 2.5.7?

Team DeFuse

Side note, is anyone here running Fission with an updated Android Market? Id love to get my hands on 2.3.2 if anyone knows of a working version. The current Fission ROM only has version 2.2.7 but Id like to rock the new one if anyone here knows how.

Thanks!

So, how is Fission treating you?

Not sure why this ROM does not get any love around here either so I figured Id start a new thread.

So who else here is running it? So far I have to say that this ROM flies. I've been enjoying it a lot today. Fast smooth and no blur bloat to bog you down! Unfortunately right now, this version is only on the full version of FRM (yes meaning you have to have donated). For those of you who have not donated, why not try version 2.5.7?

Team DeFuse

Side note, is anyone here running Fission with an updated Android Market? Id love to get my hands on 2.3.2 if anyone knows of a working version. The current Fission ROM only has version 2.2.7 but Id like to rock the new one if anyone here knows how.

Thanks!

I'm running it, and I know faber is also running it :D

Reactions: Trooper
Upvote 0

Team DeFuse

Thanks!

Here is a link to a bunch of themed markets for 2.3.2.

[APP]::20-02-11::NEW Themed Market 2.3.2:: Honeycomb versions & 2 whites added::: - xda-developers

They are supposed to work on any ROM and so far they have worked on Liberty 1.5, Apex, and DarkSlide for me. Its actually a really nice selection.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I don't know how people have all this time to make so many modded markets; I modded one market and that was enough for me.....lol :D

Can you possibly share your market? The one in the link above hosed my phone. Got it back to where its running again thankfully.

If not, no worries. I will run the old one till Team Defuse gets around to updating Fission, which hopefully, will be soon.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Can you possibly share your market? The one in the link above hosed my phone. Got it back to where its running again thankfully.

If not, no worries. I will run the old one till Team Defuse gets around to updating Fission, which hopefully, will be soon.

Thanks.

Make sure you uninstall any market updates if it updated on you before applying this. Also check /data with root explorer, and if you have any market related stuff, delete it. I installed it over v2.2.11 (I installed Liberty 1.5 market v2.2.11 onto Fission, then the black market v2.2.3 over it).

This file is called BWC_Black_Market_2.3.2 just so I could differentiate it from my other black market uploads, but don't worry, it will work just fine ;)

BWC_Black_Market_2.3.2.zip

Upvote 0
Make sure you uninstall any market updates if it updated on you before applying this. Also check /data with root explorer, and if you have any market related stuff, delete it. I installed it over v2.2.11 (I installed Liberty 1.5 market v2.2.11 onto Fission, then the black market v2.2.3 over it).

This file is called BWC_Black_Market_2.3.2 just so I could differentiate it from my other black market uploads, but don't worry, it will work just fine ;)

BWC_Black_Market_2.3.2.zip

OK so just look all through /data? Im looking for Vending.apk correct?

This version of Fission rolls with 2.2.7 so hopefully my mileage will not vary lol. Thanks man.

I assume flash this through recovery?

Upvote 0
OK so just look all through /data? Im looking for Vending.apk correct?

This version of Fission rolls with 2.2.7 so hopefully my mileage will not vary lol. Thanks man.

I assume flash this through recovery?

Yeah, if there is any market info in /data you will notice it right away. Yes, flash through bootstrap. I never tried flashing it over 2.2.7.

Upvote 0
I do, I'm running black market v2.3.2 :D

Post reported. We don't allow illegal stuff around here, doncha know? ;) :p

I ran the previous version 2.5.7? for several weeks about a month ago. That was a good version for me.

FWIW, I was the fastest rope climber in HS gym,
but sucked at everything else

Brat. I was the fat kid who couldn't get up past 2 feet higher.

Upvote 0
Yeah, if there is any market info in /data you will notice it right away. Yes, flash through bootstrap. I never tried flashing it over 2.2.7.

OK looks like Im the guinea pig haha. I guess as per norm with Fission, mount system before flashing?

Post reported. We don't allow illegal stuff around here, doncha know? ;) :p

Brat. I was the fat kid who couldn't get up past 2 feet higher.

You got a thanks just because you made me lol!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones