• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fission 2.6.1

Thank you! Looks good to me! I appreciate it.

snap20110228_153444.png

Upvote 0
I kind of guessed at the color because I'm not sure what the HEX value of the GB green is......hopefully it's not too light.

This should give you 10% increments, as stock Fission does not.

Mount system and apply.

GB_Green_Circle_Batt_Fission_2.6.1.zip

Thanks for this battery app & the BWC theme.
Works Great:)

Now if we could only find Angdroid Hey you out there somewhere Ang ????

Upvote 0
Are you guys using AppWidgetPicker on Fission 2.6.1? Just though I'd ask because I'm using it and it looks so much cleaner.

Go from this:

To this (much less cluttered):

Yes indeed. One of the first things I did after I re-installed my apps.

i forgot, how do you install it so it works?

I use Root Explorer. Check this thread.

[APP] AppWidget Picker - Makes Selecting Widgets Simpler! - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Upvote 0
Is there a app that will save the widgets I setup?
PITA resetting the 5 widgets every time I flash or theme change.

Thank You

PS Thanks for the App Widget Picker ...much neater:)

Not that I know of............the only way would be to restore a backup.

P.S. I've never had to restore any widgets after flashing any zip files or a new theme, only when I install a new ROM and restore my LP backup; LP only restores it's built-in widgets and shortcuts, no other widgets will be restored.

Reactions: kdkinc
Upvote 0
I have tried Liberty 1.5, Apex 1.4.1, Rubix 1.9.7 Focused, and Fission 2.6.1.

I must say that Fission is my favorite so far, up until I started having random reboots and sometimes when I pressed the lock button, the screen would take about 30 seconds to turn on. It was fast at first but had been getting slower by the day. I'm currently reinstalling it, PITA setting stuff up again but w/e.

I was attached to Liberty cuz it was my first ROM, but it had its quirks. Didnt seem all that blazingly fast like everyone says either.

Went to APEX after Liberty, figured I'd try it out. Worked great, easy to use, but I had gotten used to the AOSP feel of Liberty already, so APEX felt kind of weird.

Installed Rubix after APEX, didn't stay on it for long cuz it was frustrating me how the apps didnt auto-download from the market. But it was blazingly fast, like unbelievable.

Then I saw this and went to Fission and love it.

Now my only question is why do ROMs run so well for the first 2 days then get slower and slower and slower? Its like what happens to my computer after I reformat and its super fast and 2 months later its slow as crap, but with the phone it only takes a week. Does the amount of apps you have affect performance? I find myself having to re-flash every week to keep the phone running smooth, and its taking way too much time for me to set up each time I flash.

Upvote 0
Every month or so I like to clean house.
I do a full SBF and Format the SD card. Make a copyof the SD card to you PC than drag back as little as possible.
Different Rom's do changes to the framework especially Fission .The remains on the Sd card and on the phone can cause all sorts of problems .
IMHO ....one of the biggest causes is doing a restore with Titanium Backup.Only restore data that you may need such as or can't replace.

Upvote 0
Every month or so I like to clean house.
I do a full SBF and Format the SD card. Make a copyof the SD card to you PC than drag back as little as possible.
Different Rom's do changes to the framework especially Fission .The remains on the Sd card and on the phone can cause all sorts of problems .
IMHO ....one of the biggest causes is doing a restore with Titanium Backup.Only restore data that you may need such as or can't replace.
i agree; i literaly never use titanium for a back up, or anything else for that matter. if i reinstall a rom the market reinstalls my apps fresh and the sync gets my contacts....everything is fresh.
then i put the minimium of what i want back on sd card (music etc)

seems like backups or flashing roms (rom manager) backups to backups could easily be a set up for an issue.

Upvote 0
i agree; i literaly never use titanium for a back up, or anything else for that matter. if i reinstall a rom the market reinstalls my apps fresh and the sync gets my contacts....everything is fresh.
then i put the minimium of what i want back on sd card (music etc)

seems like backups or flashing roms (rom manager) backups to backups could easily be a set up for an issue.

+1

Upvote 0
Well, I have yet to clean out my SD card, I didnt know that having that stuff there would cause problems. I only use clockwork to install mods/backups/etc, never ROM manager.

I always back my stuff up with titanium but I never do batch restores, I only use it to restore single apps as needed, I know a lot of stuff from one ROM can get backed up even if I dont backup system data.

I thought it might be becuase I have almost 300 apps between all the widgets and other programs I have, but its not all running, I normally have anywhere from 45 to 75 MB of RAM free when I open up system info.

I have never SBF'd at all, mainly cuz I havent had to, always been careful installing ROMs wiping data/cache/batt stats/dalvik etc before every new install, even before installing backups. Is there an advantage to SBF'ing before a new install as opposed to formatting data/cache and wiping dalvik and battery? I thought that got rid of all residual data?

Oh and one more thing, I like the BLUR camera much better than the AOSP one. What is the easiest way to get it back? (stupid: can you use the liberty toolbox to put it back into fission? i know it sounds dumb but i figured i'd ask)

Upvote 0
not sure if there is an advantage to sbfing before an install, i dont unless i jack up my phone....i just wipe like you said; maybe someone else will awnser.

you should be able to find the blur camera in fission rom manager....i believe i was even using that at one point on a different rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones