• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Five generation iOS user..

:)

I was reading that but not exactly tracking. Pics you take are saved as soon as you take them, aren't they?

And the 'long press', when you hold your finger on a pic in text or email momentarily, does it not give you the option to save?

Edit: There are apps that make dealing with your pics a bit less cumbersome, one I like is called QuickPic.

Upvote 0
Yes, photos that I physically take with the phone are saved to the camera. But If I find a photo online, or on facebook, or my dropbox, or anywhere else, the long press give me the ability to share the photo, but not download it to my gallery. In ios, you just tap any photo, anywhere, and you can save it to your gallery. On my HTC, I can't even save a photo that I sent myself in a chat or an email.

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0
Yes, photos that I physically take with the phone are saved to the camera. But If I find a photo online, or on facebook, or my dropbox, or anywhere else, the long press give me the ability to share the photo, but not download it to my gallery. In ios, you just tap any photo, anywhere, and you can save it to your gallery. On my HTC, I can't even save a photo that I sent myself in a chat or an email.

Ok, re: photo online, that may be a function of the browser. I am using Opera mini, I just pulled up a website, saw a pic, held my finger on it, and it gave me the option to save.

Dropbox, I went to a pic and tapped it open, the 3 dots, one over the other, gave me many options, one was save to sd card.

In email or chat, I long press, not just tap, the photo and it gives me the option to save it.

In quickpic, which is what I use mostly, I long press, and have all sorts of options.

You are really making me think, lol, whatever I do with this stuff, I do almost without thinking anymore, basically like you did with what you are used to.

I have had an Ipod touch, 1st and 2nd gen, but I mainly used them to listen to music.

Other peeps will have suggestions and comments as well, as you ask.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help Dustwun. I've tried Opera browser, and it supports the long hold - save feature, and allows me to do what I want with images. Really enjoying the new phone. It's very different than iOS, and I can see things from both systems that I really like.

I did check out that thread that you sent. Lots of GREAT info there. Again, much appreciated.

Cheers!

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0
Don't worry. Even though most technological terms will go over your head for the first few days, the more you start discovering and researching the better your grip on your Android device will be.

And you will definitely realize how you can do so much more on the HTC One when compared to iPhones. And ofcourse the screen is brilliant and battery life will also surely be better on the Android because it gives you so much control as to when to use WiFi and when to disable it etc.

Glad you decided to make the switch, I am 100% sure you will not be disappointed :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones