• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Fix] ADB (USB Debugging) Bug Fixed

mastermind1024

Android Expert
Oct 13, 2011
India
Hi everyone...I m here with highly anticipated adb bug fix which was transmitting amongst A70 roms.

DISCLAIMER:
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns before flashing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

You need to flash this new boot.img file.I will guide u through process.

WARNING:
If u r using DtA2SD then flashing this boot.img will disable it so please don't flash it.I can provide newer boot.img with DtA2SD support on request.

Link2sd has no issue.I am using link2sd on kanged hybrid3 with this boot.img,working perfect.

Tested by me & varun.chitre15 (we both on hybrid 3)

If this solve your adb problem then reply "Solved" with your "rom name".n don't forget to hit Thanks. :)
And please don't quote whole op.

Let's start the process.

Downloads:
Just grab this: Boot-A70
[Newer] boot.img (adb bug fixed,init.d support & no dta2sd) now with flash...

If u have all necessary tools and u want only boot.img then here it is: boot.img (I think u know what to do next so I m not explaining...)

Steps:
1.) Extract the zip file to a folder of your choice.
2.) Turn off your mobile.
3.) WHILE HOLDING THE CAMERA BUTTON, Connect the usb cable to the phone (and PC too :p).
4.) Just go to extracted folder using Explorer and double click install-boot-windows.bat file.

For those who downloaded boot.img only, place boot.img in folder containing fastboot.
Follow upto step 3.

4.) Open cmd prompt and cd to the directory of your fastboot folder.

Example: If have extracted to D:\Boot-A70, then use:

Code:
D:
cd D:\Boot-A70
5.) type:

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
6.) Done.

The package contains tools and scripts for linux and mac too.
If u unable to use fastboot on linux then tell me,I will guide u.

HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED...

Hey guys this is some OT, but somehow related to USB, no one replied to my this post on adb workout thread by mastermind, so I am posting it here--
Recently one of my friend with A70 asked for help about adb setup.....
I succeed in setting it up on his PC, but noticed one thing that adb doesn't recognize phone in recovery mode! Drivers are latest, sdk is updated too and everything is fine except this.......
Does any hv similar problem?? It just says device not found no matter however times you kill and recreate server!!:D;) It may be a problem with drivers, or with the cwm recovery??

:rolleyes:
Does anyone have any similar problem with a70???

Upvote 0
adb doesn't work in cwm for me too... i didnt knew tht it was a problem/bug.. :p

Its a bug, when device is in recovery, adb shud detect it and show the device's state as "recovery" there. I think its a problem with playful God's ported CWM. Guy's have a look at this, its very annoying when you've to create update zip each and every time for just some system apps instead of directly pushing through adb!!:(

Upvote 0
Its a bug, when device is in recovery, adb shud detect it and show the device's state as "recovery" there. I think its a problem with playful God's ported CWM. Guy's have a look at this, its very annoying when you've to create update zip each and every time for just some system apps instead of directly pushing through adb!!:(

Is there any update coming?? or can we do smthing about it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones