1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

FIX - closing tabs - "Can't have more than 50 tabs open at once...."

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KateThatcham, Feb 22, 2020.

1. KateThatcham

KateThatcham Lurker

I've just discovered how to close the internet tabs (pages) on the Samsung A40.

(This is different to closing apps, which is done using the bottom left button.)

To close internet tabs, open your usual browser, e.g. Google Chrome. At the top of the screen, just to the left of the three vertical dots, you will see a square with a number in it - that is the number of internet tabs (pages) you have open at the current time.

If the number in the square is 1 or more, you can close all or some of the tabs (pages) you have open by touching the number square. This then opens a new view showing you each page you still have open (up to 50). You touch the (x) in the top right corner of each page you want to close.

Doing this will probably make your phone more responsive.

This doesn't seem to be mentioned in the user manual !

Advertisement

ocnbrze likes this.
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yep toooooooo many internet tabs open on any browser will slow things down considerably. anytime my browser is open i am always aware on how many tabs i have going. i usually will keep 1-3 tabs open for various reasons.....but that's it.

Dannydet likes this.
  3. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Enthusiast

I use Lightning (F-Droid) and it allows unlimited tabs.
    The limit would be determined by the abilities of the device.

Even with the sad (2GB RAM) capabilities of my devices, I have ran 36 open tabs at once.
    I don't really notice much of a slowdown until around 20 or so, and keep in mind that I am rather aware and intolerant of device slowdown.

Samsung Galaxy A40 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy A40 release date was April 2019. Features and Specs include a 5.9" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 7904 processor, and 3100mAh battery.

April 2019
Release Date
Reviews