1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Fix Factory Reset Status 2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bg4m3r, Jul 12, 2014.

1. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Many people, including myself, have been getting Factory Reset Status 2 errors using the dl mode restore. I managed to stumble around and get mine fixed. While I posted what I did, it's a little scattered in the other thread so it was suggested I make a more linear post detailing my recovery, so here it is.

1- Follow the original method through step 14, as this is where things ran off course from what asmugone posted.
    Drivers

2- Carefully watch your phones progress during the flash, as it runs ahead of the progress bar in the Flash Tool.

3- When it hits 99%, start holding down Vol+. When it reboots and the LG logo appears, hold down the power key in addition to Vol+.

4- This should cause it boot into a new Factory Data Reset screen (it may boot cycle a couple times). Say yes, and confirm following the onscreen instructions. Booting after this took several minutes and I lost the Boost startup animation. Don't Panic!

5- Pray, then Profit!?

On my phone, normally holding Vol+ and Power just boot cycles, and I don't know exactly why it is different here. Maybe because it just flashed software, maybe because it's plugged into the USB. I haven't bothered to experiment further. I'm just happy to have my phone back! :)

Other things I did slightly differently than the original instructions:

You can boot into dl mode simply by holding Vol+ while plugging in the USB with the phone off.

Instead of unplugging the USB to start the flash, you can just hold power until the phone reboots and immediately hold Vol+ to boot back into dl mode.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Yunngflasher

Yunngflasher Lurker

This did not work for me what I did was start LG flasher then unpluged n let it fail this put my phone stuck on dl mode when plugged back in it reinstalled the drivers n phone and then i change 41 port to 42 in device manager and re started LG flasher and it went thru no problems

3. Yunngflasher

Yunngflasher Lurker

This didn't work for me . What I did was start the LG flasher and bout 35 % thru I UN plugged phone this caused a fail n put phone in stuck dl mode . Reboot and plug phone in it will run device install and re flash n it worked . (I also changed com41 to 42 )

4. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

You're lucky you didn't brick your phone. Also, this post is extremely old and not really relevant anymore. Glad you were able to fix your phone though. :)

5. iDroidViC

iDroidViC Lurker

the solution to fix the error is quite simple. on the flash tool uncheck upgrade and check board.
    waalaa

6. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Really? Do you have nothing better to do other than dig up outdated posts?

#6 bg4m3r, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    dvdavid888 likes this.
  7. niczz

niczz Lurker

Same problem. Board.... update.......
    Zv4. Mini is. Reset 2
    Zv6. " "
    Zv8. ;;; " "
    Zva. Minios. Reset 2

Stuck in mini os can't select ok botton,
    Does not recognize my touch. Please help. Can't get lg suit, mobile support,and or board dioagnostic to see it. Please!

8. I have same problem

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews