• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FIX - Fix your audio for the EVO after the 2.2 update.

Did this Fix Help you?

• Yes, This fix kicks ...

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No, didn't help at all

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Some, I noticed some changes to the sound.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I really don't care but the OP is cool!

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
I can confirm, tested with 2 different Evo's, that this EQ does NOT affect anything other than music played in Mixzing. It does NOT affect music played from the Music app, and it does NOT change audio quality in Pandora.

I analyzed the output with a frequency analyzer at work, and there is NO change in anything other than music played with Mixzing.

Maybe you did not have the issue to begin with. Not everyone suffered from audio quality issues. Thanks for you input but I can confirm that this in fact does change the audio output if you are using the audio jack! did you test using the audio jack? or the back speaker? There is a huge difference in the sound after following my instructions using the audio jack.

Upvote 0
Maybe you did not have the issue to begin with.

Yes I did. I use Pandora every day, and when I updated to 2.2 I immediately noticed the difference. I havent used Pandora since, because I can't stand the horrible quality.

Thanks for you input but I can confirm that this in fact does change the audio output if you are using the audio jack!

Like I said, I can confirm it does NOT change the audio for anything else other than Mixzing.

did you test using the audio jack?

Yes.

There is a huge difference in the sound after following my instructions using the audio jack.

Not on my 2 evo's. What kind of headphones/stereo are you using to listen to your music? If you are using low quality headphones, you may not notice the difference. I used audio equipment worth over 100,000 dollars, so I think I know what I'm talking about.

Reactions: Mr. Ed
Upvote 0
Yes I did. I use Pandora every day, and when I updated to 2.2 I immediately noticed the difference. I havent used Pandora since, because I can't stand the horrible quality.

Like I said, I can confirm it does NOT change the audio for anything else other than Mixzing.

Yes.

Not on my 2 evo's. What kind of headphones/stereo are you using to listen to your music? If you are using low quality headphones, you may not notice the difference. I used audio equipment worth over 100,000 dollars, so I think I know what I'm talking about.

Sorry this fix didn't work for you. I have very high quality Yamaha head phones. and use the audio jack to direct connect to my car stereo. I have 2 evos myself and tested the second one after I noticed the difference in mine. I could care less about how much your equipment is worth. My audio issues are over now that I did this. Same with my wifes EVO. Both sound awesome! It sucks it didn't work for you. I wish it had.

Upvote 0
Hey Sir Slayer....
So I found the EQ within MixZing and I set it to "sound better" and it does...thanks for the tips...
HOWEVER - I still feel as though the sound isn't quite "stereo", but rather mono-sounding. Yes, it's far better than before (bright and clean), but it still lacks "lushness". I played Pandora in my car and home stereo, and it just isn't quite there. Like I said, more mono-sounding than stereo sounding.

Your thoughts??

Upvote 0
Hey Sir Slayer....
So I found the EQ within MixZing and I set it to "sound better" and it does...thanks for the tips...
HOWEVER - I still feel as though the sound isn't quite "stereo", but rather mono-sounding. Yes, it's far better than before (bright and clean), but it still lacks "lushness". I played Pandora in my car and home stereo, and it just isn't quite there. Like I said, more mono-sounding than stereo sounding.

Your thoughts??

Yeah... I have my thoughts and HTC needs to read them lol. Obviously I would like them to fix the real issue. But for now I am happy with this little fix. I think someone posted that in a couple weeks they are supposed to put out a fix. So maybe then it will be better.

Upvote 0
Hey Sir Slayer....

Your thoughts??
Pandora never sounded great, even before froyo. It's always been tinny sounding, and due to bandwidth constraints, it will probably never sound as good as a self-encoded high bitrate mp3 until everyone has 4G speeds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones