• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fix for leaked version!

turn the phone off and then do it

I am eternally grateful for your rapid responses. I have another question though:

1 If I enable USB Debugging before I turn the phone off, will it remember that upon startup? (when using this method to start hboot)

pardon my noobishness, please. I am not stupid, but I want some confirmation on these things before I start (and am aware that these questions probably seem annoying to someone who knows the answers)

Upvote 0
Not to be a jerk, but why mess with all of this if you have .3? What's the benefit, as the .6 just consists of minimal changes that don't affect anything at all?

Me? I'm only comfortable with whatever HTC releases in a few days. I want my .6 to be fully updatable in the future.

No more hacking around with bootloaders, etc. Just not worth it unless someone has gingerbread or something.

Upvote 0
Not to be a jerk, but why mess with all of this if you have .3? What's the benefit, as the .6 just consists of minimal changes that don't affect anything at all?

Me? I'm only comfortable with whatever HTC releases in a few days. I want my .6 to be fully updatable in the future.

No more hacking around with bootloaders, etc. Just not worth it unless someone has gingerbread or something.

IDC if it's released by HTC or not. but, I'm not a freakin guinea pig. when this stuff happens, if it's legit, there will be NO question. as of now, there is nothing but questions. until i see someone that I trust, post that this works, i am standing pat

Upvote 0
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

you need go to the Bootloader
1) let running the hboot
2)Connect the Usb
3) Press fastboot and wil change to fastboot USB
4) Run the .exe from PC

This is a confirmed fix from .3 to .6

Nice one man! I'm gonna wait for now...(though I'm downloading this file) and see if HTC can get a sane upgrade path to us...but it's great to know I have this option and it's been confirmed to work. No way was I going to turn my precious, perfect EVO over to the grubby hands of an under paid tech at the Sprint Repair Center and lose the use of my phone for a full day. Thanks again!

Upvote 0
This is a fix from HTC that was sent to the Sprint store. Chill out.

I know where it came from. don't think i don't appreciate your help. i do. i spent 10 minutes waiting to see additional responses to the thread on XDA, and nothing showed up. so i'm waiting. more are showing up now but, it's taking time. you have to understand, there is no reason for me to rush, my evo is working flawless. i want to be with the mainstream, but not at the cost of my phone.

if that were what i wanted, i'd have taken it to a sprint store, and let them F%^& it up.

Upvote 0
I know where it came from. don't think i don't appreciate your help. i do. i spent 10 minutes waiting to see additional responses to the thread on XDA, and nothing showed up. so i'm waiting. more are showing up now but, it's taking time. you have to understand, there is no reason for me to rush, my evo is working flawless. i want to be with the mainstream, but not at the cost of my phone.

if that were what i wanted, i'd have taken it to a sprint store, and let them F%^& it up.

Oh yeah...it's got it's own thread at XDA and has been confirmed now, just like it has here...like you, I'm going the more cautious route and seeing what HTC comes up with...no rush, since .3 has been perfect for me. I just want to make sure I get to .6 so I can pick up future upgrades, like you:

Pojoman vs. HTC - The race of the "delayed" 2.2 software fix. - Page 14 - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones