• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fix for Pentile Screen?

Upvote 0
To be fair, I am an avid Android fan boy.

But in the same light of honesty, if you want the best screen and best battery life you should have purchased an iPhone 4 since it wins both awards.

I wanted speed and knew the quirks of Pentile before I purchased, because I have the internet and did research. 4g LTE will have crap battery for some time. Just like 3g did when it was initially established. People think the Vigor or Prime will trump this tenfold. They are sadly mistaken. The only way the battery life will get better, is with a bigger battery. If the screen gets better, that means the battery gets worse. People are expecting awkward miracles out of upcoming devices. Fact is, any time something NEW is added to one of these phones...it is 2 or 3 renditions of the same hardware later before the battery irons out a little.

Moral of the story is: Do your research. Understand your research. If you don't know where to ask.

Just some insightful info.

Have a nice day.

Reactions: xmr405o
Upvote 0
To be fair, I am an avid Android fan boy.

But in the same light of honesty, if you want the best screen and best battery life you should have purchased an iPhone 4 since it wins both awards.

I wanted speed and knew the quirks of Pentile before I purchased, because I have the internet and did research. 4g LTE will have crap battery for some time. Just like 3g did when it was initially established. People think the Vigor or Prime will trump this tenfold. They are sadly mistaken. The only way the battery life will get better, is with a bigger battery. If the screen gets better, that means the battery gets worse. People are expecting awkward miracles out of upcoming devices. Fact is, any time something NEW is added to one of these phones...it is 2 or 3 renditions of the same hardware later before the battery irons out a little.

Moral of the story is: Do your research. Understand your research. If you don't know where to ask.

Just some insightful info.

Have a nice day.

Great post! And honestly, I know everyone thinks I'm a Bionic hater. The truth is, I walked in to the Verizon store near my house, played with it for a good 15 minutes, checked video, net, overall app responsiveness. I was actually very impressed by the lack of lag, its smoothness, and especially its thin design. Very lightweight as well.

The only thing I disliked, honestly, was the screen. But it was not merely dislike; it was out and out hatred. Some see the screen door in front of the screen, others don't. I just happen to see it.

I'm waiting for the Prime, but I'm not expecting anything revolutionary with the battery. Given the full HD that is expected, the battery could be 1850 mAh and be no better than the Bionic in that department, or only marginally better. And yes, ICS will be buggy, as all new software is.

I just can't settle for the screen on the Bionic. I'm willing to carry around an extra battery or slap on an extended battery if I get to have ICS and a full HD screen.

As far as iPhone is concerned, you're right on. If the iPhone 5 had a 4.5" screen or bigger and LTE, I'd probably buy the thing and jailbreak the crap out of it. But iPhone always seems to be on the low end internals wise, and by the time it does get LTE or a bigger screen, Android will be two or three steps ahead and will continue to make it obsolete, IMHO.

Upvote 0
Great post! And honestly, I know everyone thinks I'm a Bionic hater. The truth is, I walked in to the Verizon store near my house, played with it for a good 15 minutes, checked video, net, overall app responsiveness. I was actually very impressed by the lack of lag, its smoothness, and especially its thin design. Very lightweight as well.

The only thing I disliked, honestly, was the screen. But it was not merely dislike; it was out and out hatred. Some see the screen door in front of the screen, others don't. I just happen to see it.

I'm waiting for the Prime, but I'm not expecting anything revolutionary with the battery. Given the full HD that is expected, the battery could be 1850 mAh and be no better than the Bionic in that department, or only marginally better. And yes, ICS will be buggy, as all new software is.

I just can't settle for the screen on the Bionic. I'm willing to carry around an extra battery or slap on an extended battery if I get to have ICS and a full HD screen.

As far as iPhone is concerned, you're right on. If the iPhone 5 had a 4.5" screen or bigger and LTE, I'd probably buy the thing and jailbreak the crap out of it. But iPhone always seems to be on the low end internals wise, and by the time it does get LTE or a bigger screen, Android will be two or three steps ahead and will continue to make it obsolete, IMHO.

That's very true. Just like the PC world, Apple is always quick to perfection but slow to innovation. I have the bionic and like it, but will still end up with one of those phones (wallet permitting) that are upcoming.

The positive sides of the Bionic is, it feels polished. That is something MOST Android phones have lacked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones