• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fix for quirk? My phone continually scrolls to the right

DDuyan

Lurker
Aug 2, 2010
I thought my phone was possessed but I know others have had this problem. I still haven't seen a fix for it though. No mater what I'm doing, my HTC Incredible will just scroll all the way to the right. If I'm in an app or attempting to type a message, the screen looks possessed with all the available buttons lighting up randomly. While this is happening I basically lose all control over my phone. I can't scroll back to the left, I can't type what I want, etc. The phone has a mind of its own! I went to the Verizon store and they said I had probably downloaded an app with a virus and they had to wipe out my phone to fix it. Well, that inconvenience did not fix the problem. Even with no "non-factory" apps installed on my phone it still scrolled to the right uncontrollably. The Verizon tech insisted that this was because I downloaded apps, but at this point there were no downloaded apps on the phone and I only download apps via the market, nowhere else.

Anyhow, is there a fix for this???

THANK YOU!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones