1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Fix for quirk? My phone continually scrolls to the right

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DDuyan, Aug 2, 2010.

1. DDuyan

DDuyan New Member

Aug 2, 2010
    I thought my phone was possessed but I know others have had this problem. I still haven't seen a fix for it though. No mater what I'm doing, my HTC Incredible will just scroll all the way to the right. If I'm in an app or attempting to type a message, the screen looks possessed with all the available buttons lighting up randomly. While this is happening I basically lose all control over my phone. I can't scroll back to the left, I can't type what I want, etc. The phone has a mind of its own! I went to the Verizon store and they said I had probably downloaded an app with a virus and they had to wipe out my phone to fix it. Well, that inconvenience did not fix the problem. Even with no "non-factory" apps installed on my phone it still scrolled to the right uncontrollably. The Verizon tech insisted that this was because I downloaded apps, but at this point there were no downloaded apps on the phone and I only download apps via the market, nowhere else.

Anyhow, is there a fix for this???

THANK YOU!

Advertisement

2. Willtrvl

Willtrvl Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Check your Track ball/ track pad make sure its clean...

3. manifested

manifested New Member

Jul 23, 2010
    This happened to me too. I turned it off, plugged it in, and let it sit for about 15 minutes. When I turned it back on, it was ok.

Though from the sounds of it, you probably would've gone through that already if you've done a factory reset.

Keep us updated.

4. bklynjim

bklynjim New Member

May 23, 2010
    This just happened to me as well. Uncontrollable for 2 minutes and now working fine. Strange.

5. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Systems Engineer
    DC
    It's the Trackpad.
    It's the Trackpad.
    It's theTrackpad.
    TRACKPAD
    TRACKPAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clean it. If that doesn't fix it, it's probably a defective Trackpad.