1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Fix my G2

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    hi i tried to put a rom on my phone and it didnt work. im now stuck on the lg logo is there any way to factory reset my phone?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Go back into the custom recovery and do it from there.

I don't know the G2, but I guess you know how to get into recovery or the bootloader when booting it. So to force it to shut down, try pressing and holding the power button. On phones without a removable battery this will generally force a shutdown or restart, and once it restarts you should be able to get into recovery.

Just to make sure, you do understand that a "factory reset" just wipes user-installed apps and data, and won't replace the ROM with the original one? I suggest doing it anyway because it's something you need to do when changing ROMs, so if you didn't that's probably why you are stuck here. Hence I'm expecting that the reset will get the phone booting. However, if it does not then there are 2 options:

1) if you took a backup from recovery before flashing the ROM (and you should always do this) then going back into recovery and restoring that backup will restore the original ROM and put the phone back the way it was before you tried the flash.

2) if you did not, and the reset doesn't fix it, try formatting /system as well as doing a reset, then flashing the ROM again. If that still doesn't work then you'll need to try a different ROM. You should be able to get a different ROM onto the phone by "sideloading" via ADB (android debug bridge) while in recovery. If you need to do that, please ask again for instructions, either here or in the main forum (registration required, but it allows us to have a two-way conversation, which might be better for something like that).

You may also find some relevant threads in our G2 section: http://androidforums.com/lg-g2/

Good luck! But don't panic, things like this are fixable :)