• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fix Permissions?

Did it do anything?

I dont get any errors if thats what you mean. I see it fixing over 200 things. I do it every so often out of habit that I did on the droid.

CAP201109211239.jpg

Upvote 0
Fixing permissions as far as I know fixes problems often associated with Force Close errors. When files updated or written by the Android OS they are often written so you can for example read only. The files are changed to 755 access which allows you to read, execute, and write to the file. This can clear any problems programs have when accessing files. This is how I am perceiving it and may not be correct. Its what I know from my unix/linux noob days. Someone with more knowledge can come enlighten us.

Reactions: bigbabys
Upvote 0
Fixing permissions as far as I know fixes problems often associated with Force Close errors. When files updated or written by the Android OS they are often written so you can for example read only. The files are changed to 755 access which allows you to read, execute, and write to the file. This can clear any problems programs have when accessing files. This is how I am perceiving it and may not be correct. Its what I know from my unix/linux noob days. Someone with more knowledge can come enlighten us.

I know about permissions in linux, I was just curious about what about the default permissions in android needed to be changed. If it's fixes force closes I don't care though! Sounds good :p

Maybe someone can explain further as to why permissions would need to be "fixed" and also, what app is allowing you to do it? I can only do it through CWR.

Upvote 0
I dont get any errors if thats what you mean. I see it fixing over 200 things. I do it every so often out of habit that I did on the droid.

CAP201109211239.jpg

Dumb question, but what are you guys using for screen shots these days? I used to use drocap2, but it appears that it is no longer available in the market. I stopped using a separate app since CM7 had it built in on the Thunderbolt.

Thanks in advance...

Upvote 0
Dumb question, but what are you guys using for screen shots these days? I used to use drocap2, but it appears that it is no longer available in the market. I stopped using a separate app since CM7 had it built in on the Thunderbolt.

Thanks in advance...

I still use drocap2. Are you sure it's not in the Market? Maybe I just had a backup in TiBu Pro. I have a habit of archiving stuff. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones