• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [FIX]Soft Brick One Click Fix

Sorry dude, I'm trying, lol.

Attachments

• 1402026087801.jpg
    1402026087801.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 245
Upvote 0
Try typing "adb reboot fastboot" and then "fastboot format userdata"

It won't boot me into fastboot, just boots the phone up to the encryption screen....

Also seems that adb devices doesn't come up with anything unless I'm in recovery or sideload.... I have also tried sideloading things to no avail. Is there anyway I can push the stock update.zip? I don't think pushing a new recovery will do anything.

Upvote 0
It won't boot me into fastboot, just boots the phone up to the encryption screen....

Also seems that adb devices doesn't come up with anything unless I'm in recovery or sideload.... I have also tried sideloading things to no avail. Is there anyway I can push the stock update.zip? I don't think pushing a new recovery will do anything.
here's the update.zip from zte themselves

http://www.zteusa.com/media/wysiwyg/virgin-awe/update.zip

Upvote 0
This is making me think that recovery actually hasn't been doing anything, TWRP or CWM. Something in my phone is preventing my recovery from operating and my phone from booting to home screen because internal storage/data can't mount

This might be worth a shot.
Once adb is can communicate with your phone try this,
adb shell
then enter "e2fsck /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata" without quotes and hit enter, see if you get a prompt to repair files, if so follow the prompts to repair, if all goes well try formatting the phone like normal before flashing, if you get no error anymore on the /data partition, try flashing a rom or backup.

Word of warning, this came from searching for similar issues that you're having, but for other android devices, it should be safe considering your problem, however I am by no means a developer, just an amateur hacker at best, it looks like somehow encryption is enabled and conflicting with recovery mounting /data or the /data partition got corrupted.

Reactions: DsyMnapTic
Upvote 0
C:\Users\monte_000\Desktop\Awe_Soft_Brick_Fix>adb devices
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
1358599b recovery

C:\Users\monte_000\Desktop\Awe_Soft_Brick_Fix>adb shell
~ # e2fsck/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata
e2fsck/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata
/sbin/sh: e2fsck/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata: not found
~ # e2fsck /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata
e2fsck /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata
e2fsck 1.41.14 (22-Dec-2010)
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata: recovering journal
Superblock needs_recovery flag is clear, but journal has data.
Run journal anyway<y>? y
y
yes

e2fsck: unable to set superblock flags on /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name
/userdata

~ #
~ #

<<<THIS IS WHAT I GOT WHEN I TRIED THAT>>>

Reactions: brandon2go
Upvote 0
C:\Users\monte_000\Desktop\Awe_Soft_Brick_Fix>adb devices
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
1358599b recovery

C:\Users\monte_000\Desktop\Awe_Soft_Brick_Fix>adb shell
~ # e2fsck/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata
e2fsck/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata
/sbin/sh: e2fsck/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata: not found
~ # e2fsck /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata
e2fsck /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata
e2fsck 1.41.14 (22-Dec-2010)
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata: recovering journal
Superblock needs_recovery flag is clear, but journal has data.
Run journal anyway<y>? y
y
yes

e2fsck: unable to set superblock flags on /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name
/userdata

~ #
~ #

<<<THIS IS WHAT I GOT WHEN I TRIED THAT>>>

Looks like adb sees the /data partition, but has no control over it, just like recovery. :( I'm still searching up and down for anything that might help you out. I feel like there's still hope as long as you can boot twrp, and keep adb talking. If there's a way to fix it, it will be found.

Upvote 0
Hey, I don't know if this will help anyone understand more of what's going on.... ....https://source.android.com/devices/tech/encryption/ .......but I can't understand most of the technical stuff. It seems like a big process.
I also read something else about being able to partition the SD card in order to get it to mount as a "false" data partition. If anyone could help me out with how to do that, that would be awesome.

After reading about switching the vold.fstab to trick internal data to mount at sdcard.... It actually doesn't look like that'll help me do anything to fix my real data partition, so that probably isn't the way to go.

Upvote 0
Hey, I don't know if this will help anyone understand more of what's going on.... ....https://source.android.com/devices/tech/encryption/ .......but I can't understand most of the technical stuff. It seems like a big process.
I also read something else about being able to partition the SD card in order to get it to mount as a "false" data partition. If anyone could help me out with how to do that, that would be awesome.

After reading about switching the vold.fstab to trick internal data to mount at sdcard.... It actually doesn't look like that'll help me do anything to fix my real data partition, so that probably isn't the way to go.

I was reading about the same thing, only the idea was to boot from the SD to do a solid format on the /data partition. Still trying to find that thread again. Found another one about doing the same thing only using the alternate super blocks on the internal side to do it. Both of these were encryption related and they couldn't mount data in adb or twrp. Also found this, forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2512105&page=3
Thats for the htc one, but a similar issue no doubt and an alternate method through adb using binary files to rewrite the data block, and side load the rom. It might be adapted to our phone, but I'm sure block sizes and some other numbers would have to be changed though and I'm not sure how. It looks similar to what phenomx4 was trying to have you do. The binary files he used could be device specific too though, which might mean brick city. All the cases I've found like this ended up being from partition corruption or an encryption issue. But the fix was essentially the same in all cases, which was to get a proper format on the data partition and side load a rom in adb or flash a rom in ftm mode. I think that thread is at least worth a read if you haven't seen it already.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones