1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Fixed cracked screen - bricked aria. Parts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by billy565, Aug 16, 2010.

1. billy565

billy565 Lurker

I successfully fixed the digitizer on the wife's aria only to see that the power button no longer works. I disassembled the unit again to see that I accidentally tore the ribbon underneath the power button.

Evidently, when I pried up the circuit board I went beyond the safe threshold. I guess I'm not cut out to be a surgeon.

When I plug it in I get the battery graphic and the power button clicks, but nothing happens.

Question 1: anyone have any suggestions for powering on? I've since got a new unit but I'd like to wipe this one before selling for parts.

Question 2: anyone have any ideas for fixing it? I'm envisioning a solution involving a tiny tin-foil patch or something.

TIA

2. billy565

billy565 Lurker

Answer to Question 1: How to power on HRC Aria without power button?

With the unit plugged in, simply remove and replace the battery to power on. Hooray!

3. awm985

awm985 Lurker

that helps with turning the phone on, but how would i unlock it after the backlight has timed out and the screen has locked?

4. Mythic

Mythic Newbie

easy peasy... go to market and D/L "no Lock" with that enabled you can use either the volume buttons to unlock the screen or the optical camera button... works perfect

here is the link on appbrain No Lock - Android app on AppBrain

HTC Aria Forum

The HTC Aria release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1200mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews