• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[FIXED] MP3's not working after update

growndhog

Lurker
Oct 11, 2010
After I updated my phone my mp3's would not play. I kept getting a pop up saying that the audio player didn't support the file type. I had to shut my phone off, remove the battery, waited about 30 sec. then put the battery back and started the phone up and then my mp3's worked again. Just wanted to post this in here in case anyone else was having a similar problem.

I thought I was hearing things, but I definitely can sense an occasional shift in pitch (as through a physical record was slightly speeding up or slowing down). I mostly listen to classical/symphonic music which I had previously placed on Micro SD cards (mostly 4GB and 8 GB cards) for my previous LG enV Touch. I have never observed this "pitch bending" on that phone (also using stereo Bluetooth headphones), so I am wondering if there is a specific update for the music player to correct this annoyance.

Any suggestions, pointers, etc., gratefully accepted!

;) KevInKauai

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones